• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add a keyboard shortcut for "Automatically strighten the photo" option

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please add a keyboard shortcut for the "Automatically straighten the photo" option in the "Crop overlay". Usually, I press "R" to select crop and wish to have another shortcut for "Auto straighten", as it usually works well in most cases.

Kind regards,

Kristijonas

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 10.11.55 a.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
17 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a keyboard short cut for auto straighten once in the crop tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to my knowledge. Only the (Auto) button to mouse click.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a list of all Shortcuts, and auto straighten is not among them:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do Shift T to open the Transform panel, Ctrl Tab (both Win and Mac) to change the mode from Guided to Level (which uses the same method as Crop auto straighten), then R to go back to Crop.  Not as convenient as a single keystroke, of course.

Note that the shortcuts listed in Adobe help and the app are incomplete and contain many mistakes (in languages other than English).  See here for the most authoritative lists for all languages:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/keyboard-shortcuts/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot high-volume action photography and it is immensely time consuming and unergonomic to have to click the tiny "auto" button in crop mode for every single photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I do have an autohotkey script that will allow me to straighten every single photo, but more often than not, I need 3 or 4 out of every 5 photos autostraightened (of thousands), so I need to go back and unstraighten a ton of them with this solution. A keyboard shortcut would save me a ton of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're waiting for Adobe to add a KBSC you might try a plugin by a John R Ellis called 'Any Shortcut'. More details at:

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyshortcut.htm

John is a regular contributer to this forum,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the shortcut does not exist, I don't understand how this plugin would help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, I would suggest you explore the options in "Transform" feature prior to using the Crop options.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be surprised what's possible!

It costs you nothing to download and try it, and if you don't, then I suspect you'll have a long wait for Adobe to add the KBSC your asking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I'm missing something obvious, there's no way to use a keyboard shortcut to auto straighten with transform either. I don't need a new ability to remap shortcuts; I'm already using an MMO mouse and a behringer midi controller with Lightroom. The shortcut needs to exist in the first place before I can map it to anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

The best alternative I've found is a two-keystroke shortcut:

Shift T: Transform > Guided

Ctrl Tab: Cycle Upright Options to change to Level

Any Shortcut makes it easier to explore possibilities:

johnrellis_0-1678297385152.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crop/Crop Tool: Add a hotkey for "auto" straighten.

Why?

It would greatly speed workflow--

1. "R" for crop

2.  Adobe adds a hotkey for "auto" straighten (so I don't have to reach for the mouse and left mouse click on auto) I can press enter on the keyboard and right arrow to next image in the filmstrip.

3. I also do sports and events where your horizon line for a screen, a stage or players on the field are often slightly not straight..for about 95% of my workflow, the "auto" straighten acceptably straightens the image for client work.  

someone else asking too: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/auto-straighten-keyboard-short-cut/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this can be veryt helpful when working on a large amount of images. and no, the transform-level is not good enoug, I usually find I get differnte (and better) results with the Auto-straightening

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"the transform-level is not good enough, I usually find I get different (and better) results with the Auto-straightening"

Independent of the need for a shortcut, it would be good if you post a couple example JPEGs here for which Crop > Auto produces different results than Transform > Level. In my limited testing, they produce the same results.

Transform > Level is the only way to batch auto-straighten photos, so understanding when it doesn't produce the same results as Crop > Auto would be very helpful (and help persuade Adobe to allow Crop > Auto to be synced).

Votes

Translate

Translate