• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue artifacts on images

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a few times lately that Lightroom has been leaving blue/grey marks on my photos. It looks like someone took a pen and scribbled on it. I don't notice the marks when I'm first editing the photos, but I go to export my photos and then they show up on the exported photo. And when I go back to Lightroom, they are on almost all my photos and the pictures are ruined. I took a photo off my computer screen so you can see that mark that is left behind. (Lower left side)

• 16809628989928208086874940521026.jpg
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen capture of your problem. Taking a photo is a poor method of posting this, for all we know your monitor might be dirty. And the resolution of the post is poor.

Windows has several ways to create screen captures a.k.a. screenshots.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-snipping-tool-and-take-a-screenshot-a35ac9ff-4a58-2...

https://www.businessinsider.com/guides/tech/how-to-screenshot-on-windows

Also utilitys exist to create them, such as PickPic (a free version is available):

https://picpick.app/en/

https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-screenshot-tools-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sort of scarring in lines along the long direction of the image is very typical for files that get corrupted. This is typically due to a failing memory card or a bad card reader. It can also be caused by failing hard disks or memory that is failing. You often only notice this later because initially the computer shows you the jpeg preview of the image which is generated by the camera. This jpeg preview is much much smaller in size than the raw data and therefore is much less likely to be corrupted. Then when the image is rendered from the raw data, you suddenly see the scarring. 

You can try importing again using a different card reader, a different usb cable, etc to see if the images are salvageable. I would also suspect the sd card you are using. ALso make sure to run hardware checks on your memory and your hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL 

I think the "blue scribbles"  the OP is talking about are in the bottom left hand corner and not straight.  As @GoldingD  said a screen clip is needed instead of a very poor photo of he screen.

Screen Shot 2023-04-08 at 12.19.31 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same place in every picture that shows them?

And - rather than a picture of your screen or a screen print - why not post up an actual image that's affected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I thought the horizontal line was the problem due to the picture of the screen! Those appear to be wires that are real. If the blue squiggles is what the OP is referring to than that is likely a mask or a local healing brush that was applied in a preset that was loaded on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All images the same? Dust or fabric thread stuck to the camera sensor?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines