• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurb Book lost pages

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I created a book today in lightroom classic with about 100 pages (121 pictures).

After I finished it, I wanted to upload it to Blurb and order it, but I got an error-message saying that something with a font is wrong (can't remember the exact message). For some reason I wanted to restard Lightroom and now the whole book is empty. I can only see the Cover with an image on first and last page and 2 more empty pages.

I thought probably I did not save the book correctly, but on the bottom of lightroom, I can see for each image in the book-collection that it is used in this exact collection (With a number overlay on the image). If I double blick on the image, nothing happens, except for the two images on the cover. They are highlighted then on the cover.

Is there anything I can do to retrieve the book?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I guess I figured it out myself.

I created a new book now and saved it. After saving, every editing I do is not saved in that book. If I change something in the book, then go to another collection (or close lightroom) and then go back to the book, I can only see the originally saved book, but not the edits. Even if I save the changes as another Book, the new book does not apply the changes.

Is this on purpose, or is my lightroom in some corrupted state, because this behavior does not seem to make any sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I created a new book now and saved it."

How did you "save it" ? Did you click on the tab at the top of the main window to [Create Saved Book] ?

"then go to another collection"

Are you referring to a Standard Collection of photos, or more specifically a Saved Book Collection ?

Saved Book Collections are what records all your editing.

You must always return to a Book edit by [Double-clicking] the Saved Book Collection with the small Book icon,  and not a Standard Collection.

2023-11-06 08_52_48-Roberts Catalog-v13 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

Choosing a standard Collection of photos and clicking [Book] on the Module Menu will always start a new book. It will not reopen  any previous work.  And whenever I have started a book from a Standard Collection I do [Create Saved Book] then delete the Standard Collection to avoid confusion with the correct Book Collection.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Yes, I clicked on the [Create Saved Book] button n the top right of the main window.
  2. I switch to another standard collection (no book) and then went back to the saved-book-collection. Also with a double click. I was able to see the difference between the standard-collection (which showed me a completely new book with more than 100 pages) and the book-collection (which should show my saved book with 100 pages, but it showed me only 4 pages).

Anyway, I tried to create new books and it was always the same behavior: I was not able to save any changes to a book. If I go to another collection after a edit and then back to the book, everything was gone.

I was reading some other posts, where one of them stated to delete the preferences-file. I did this and  after that, lightroom saved my changes to my books again. So, I tried to create my book with all the pages again, but after a while lightroom crashed and then the same behavior again. The book was gone and no change to any book would be saved. Because lightroom is only crashing in the book-module, I guess this is ralted to the book module of lightroom. I decided to use other book-designing-tools instead of lightroom, because this should not happen and is very anoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines