Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I simplify my LRC catalog?

Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yesterday I had a problem getting the keyword search function to work on LRC.  A respondent indicated there were no photos in my catalog, so I asked LR to update the catalog and was directed to load a version 12 update.  After which everything worked fine.

When looking at my current catalog, however, it seems there is too much information; i.e., version 11 also shows, plus some other folders from years ago.  So I'm wondering if all this info is included in the latest catalog update, and if so, can I just remove the earlier folderd.  I wouldn't do this without contacting the forum as I'm sure the catalog is more complicated than it appears.

LRC.cat.jpg

Thanks for your time !!  And if my thank you to the two gents who helped me never got through the full email box, thank the both of you as well.

Bruce

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

It appears that  {Lightroom Catalog-2-v10-v11-v12.LRCAT}  is the 'latest' upgraded catalog.

IF that is the one where "everything worked fine", then you must keep that one (with backups), and archive (or Delete) the others with the [LrC CAT] icon.

*Delete NOTHING else. The other {.LRDATA} files are part of the v12 catalog.

2022-11-18 10_32_59-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that  {Lightroom Catalog-2-v10-v11-v12.LRCAT}  is the 'latest' upgraded catalog.

IF that is the one where "everything worked fine", then you must keep that one (with backups), and archive (or Delete) the others with the [LrC CAT] icon.

*Delete NOTHING else. The other {.LRDATA} files are part of the v12 catalog.

2022-11-18 10_32_59-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rob. What do mean, specifically, by "archive.."

--
Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Rob will weigh in, but I'm sure he means move them somewhere else you can access again if needed. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Of course. I'll just put them in a separate folder on a backup drive.
Thanks!

--
Bruce Bartrug
Nobleboro, Maine, USA
bbartrug@gmail.com
www.brucebartrug.com
•The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but
because of those who look on and do nothing. - Albert Einstein
•In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
of our friends. -Martin Luther King
•Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder
respectable, and give the appearance of solidity to pure wind. -Orson
Welles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines