• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I store photos in Dropbox or iCloud that I will edit or view using Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

Can I store photos in Dropbox or iCloud that I will edit or view using Lightroom?

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Lightroom Classic or the cloud-centric Lightroom?

LrC should be able to access the images if they are stored in local folders on your hard drive (as well as in the cloud), but complications would likely set in if you use the space-saving option of having the files stored primarily in the cloud and only copied to the local drive when required.

Lighroom cannot access images from any other cloud service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Can I store photos in Dropbox or iCloud that I will edit or view using Lightroom-CLASSIC?"

No.

The important 'fine print'-

"organize all your photos on your desktop,"

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

If you were to move your image files to Cloud storage (Dropbox or iCloud) they would not be available to Lightroom-Classic and so then appear as "Missing".

https://lightroomkillertips.com/when-photos-go-missing/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines