• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I sync Lightroom classic catalog between another Lightroom classic on another PC?

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I sync Lightroom classic catalog between another Lightroom classic on another PC?

On my primary PC I sync my catalog which is visible on the web, as well as other Lightroom (not classic).

Can I see my synyed photos on anotehr Lightroom classic?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Lightroom Classic can only have one Catalog synced to Adobe Creative Cloud at any point in time.

You can store your Catalog and original image files on an external drive. Exit LrC on your primary laptop then connect the external drive and boot LrC on the secondary laptop.

LrC requires access to both the Catalog and Original images.

The Catalog file cannot be connected on a network drive.

Best to use Lightroom (Desktop app) on the secondary laptop and that can sync with LrC. You can perform edits

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic can only have one Catalog synced to Adobe Creative Cloud at any point in time.

You can store your Catalog and original image files on an external drive. Exit LrC on your primary laptop then connect the external drive and boot LrC on the secondary laptop.

LrC requires access to both the Catalog and Original images.

The Catalog file cannot be connected on a network drive.

Best to use Lightroom (Desktop app) on the secondary laptop and that can sync with LrC. You can perform edits to the smart previews in the Creative Cloud storage and it will sync back to LrC.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no sync between LrC on different computers.

Your best option is to put the LrC catalog on an external drive, and move it between computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not even the synced collection, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not even the synced collection, right?

By @danl42831687

I do not know what your question refers to, or what it means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines