• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't edit the photos on Photoshop if I use "Open as Layers in Photoshop" option

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the latest versions of Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC on Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates (from november).

When I select 2 raw files (NEF files from a Nikon D810, to focus stack on Photoshop) and use the "Open as Layers in Photoshop" option, the 2 files open in Photoshop as layers but most of the menus are grey out. I can't select the "Auto-align Layers" nor most of the options...

Also, If I select one single layer, I also can't duplicate that layer and most of the options are also grey out:

I've already tried to uninstall Photoshop CC and installed it again, but still have the same behavior. But this used to work flawlessly in the past. Any ideas?!?

Please help!

Best regards,

Pedro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Great timing on your inquiry. This subject has just shown up in other inquiries and an answer exists.

NOTE: this is from a member not from Adobe, members of this forum are not techs at Adobe.

Turns out a (now) known bug in the latest PS exists. If you launch PS from within LR (as in edit in Photoshop or what you are doing) then PS does not launch correctly, you get this result. Look for a fix coming from Adobe (do not have a clue as to when)

IN THE MEANTIME, a workaround.

before having LR launch PS,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great timing on your inquiry. This subject has just shown up in other inquiries and an answer exists.

NOTE: this is from a member not from Adobe, members of this forum are not techs at Adobe.

Turns out a (now) known bug in the latest PS exists. If you launch PS from within LR (as in edit in Photoshop or what you are doing) then PS does not launch correctly, you get this result. Look for a fix coming from Adobe (do not have a clue as to when)

IN THE MEANTIME, a workaround.

before having LR launch PS, go and start PS, then have LR send the file over to PS.

I have no idea if you need to start PS before starting LR, or just start PS after starting LR but before passing an edit from LR to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks David! The workaround is working fine!

In the meantime, I also found this official answer from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a message that pops up letting people know this information. I just wasted two hours of my life trying to figure out what was wrong.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, today Adobe has updated PS, looks like it fixes the LR to PS issue

Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines