• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get Lightroom to import specific DNG files to import

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I saw that someone else posted about this but apparently they didn't have write permissions. My issue is stranger. So I've been importing photos to the same base folder for 5 years without issue. Suddenly I'm trying to import DNG files from my Drone card to lightroom and it won't work. More precicely, Lightroom see's the photos in the import module, allows me to click to import them, and then is stuck on 'imorting photos' with no photos showing as being imported. I have to cancel the operation to try again. I'm trying to import like, 20 photos. I'm including pictures of these steps and what happens.

I've tried importing them by copying them from a folder on my computer, copying them from a different hard drive, and finally I just tried adding them to the catalogue after moving them into the folder I wanted them to be in in Lightroom. Nothing works. 

The only thing that is different about these photos from the usual photos I import from my nikon is they were taken with my drone. Also, they were at one point on my QNAP NAS. I don't see how either of those things would prohibit lightroom from importing them, but those are the only differences from all my other photos I'm able to import. 

I'm using lightroom version 12.2.1 on a 2017 IMac running Ventura 13.3.1

I have permission to write to the drive.

Thanks for any help anyone can give. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you could state the exact make and model of the drone.

It would also help if you can place one of these DNG files on a cloud sharing service such as Dropbox (or similar) and share the link with us, so then some of us can take a look at it and see if we can import it on our computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a DJI Mavic Mini 2 drone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3uemaciz32vnt9/01%3A25%3A23%20Clementine%20Dam_2.DNG?dl=0

I dropped a file in there for you to try.

And thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One odd diagnostic step to take.

• Attempt  to import one photo from a different source, perhaps not the drone. In the import screen, select Copy, over on the right side destination panel, change the destination, just assume what is current is wrong, then import.
  • Next attempt to import just one of the drone photos, Copy this step, change the destination if needed.
  • And finally, test for import via Add.
  • 'Point is was the destination listed fouled up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a non drone photo from my dropbox folder on my computer and make it's destination my pictures folder, it works. When I try to import a drone photo to my pictures folder, it doens't. My normal destination folder is on an external harddrive, so the destination didn't seem to help for importing the drone photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no issues importing the DNG you placed in DropBox into my catalog. So it isn't the document per se but something conflicting on your side. I imported the downloaded image from the Mac Desktop. Sounds like maybe you have a permissions issue or drive issue if you can't do the same but it isn't the DNG (or Lightroom Classic) that's the issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm......ok. I'll keep plugging away then. Thanks for checking that for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a first step, ensure LR is granted Full Disk Access (not Files And Folders) permission:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Without Full Disk Access, LR can do all sorts of screwy things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines