• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot import folder with 2700 photos

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version of app: Lightroom Classic v12.3 (Camera Raw 15.3)

Steps to reproduce:

I have found a bug where if one folder has too many photos, it will not get imported. For example, I have save my photos in C:/2022/2022-09-16, and the 2022-09-16 folder had 2700 photos in it. If I now try to add this to my catalog in lightroom classic, the import panel says no photos detected. However, if I break this big folder up into 6 folders with a max of 500 photos each (C:/2022/2022-09-16-p1, C:/2022/2022-09-16-p2, C:/2022/2022-09-16-p3, etc.), I can now import the photos as usual.

Expected Result: Be able to import photos regardless of how many there are in a specific folder.

Actual Result: Can only import photos from folders with <=500 files.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested this scenario using Windows 10 and Lightroom Classic 12.3 on a folder with 1465 images (mix of DNG, Tiff, JPEGs. 

The folder imports as expected with no issues. 

Either there is a significant step missing from your instructions or the problem may be isolated to your installation. You've provided no system specs to examine so it is difficult to say what may be the issue.  You may want to consider a preference file reset as a diagnostic step to see if it cures the issue. 

This procedure works for both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Desktop.

If you are using Lightroom Desktop it can change the location of your local storage. Please review this setting after resetting preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Moving to discussions. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had close to 3000 images and you tested with half that. My specs are ryzen 1700 CPU, 32GB RAM, GTX 1080 GPU. I even started fresh with a new catalog and it still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also works with ~4000 images here. Did you reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup reset preferences and still not able to import. Import dialog simply says "No photos found." I don't know if this would matter but they're all .arw sony raws. And the drive I'm accessing is a network drive attached to an Apple computer. 

P.S. is there a way to get my preferences back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

somethingp_0-1683813710764.pngsomethingp_1-1683813742530.png

Just thought I would add some screenshots. Top one is the import panel for the folder I'm talking about showing up as empty in lightroom. And second one is showing the same folder in windows explorer with all the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step to try is a clean installation:
Clean1 Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

If that doesn't work, it sounds like you may have a machine specific issue. It could be a number of things like permissions, hardware, local Win user account or others. In that event, I am going to turn you over to the Community Experts here so they can offer advice on troubleshooting your Win.

Sorry. realized I typed Mac instead of Windows.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I already lost all my past edits with having to create a new catalog, and now I've lost my settings/preferences. I'm not going to waste time reinstalling. I'm going to uninstall, and try out CaptureOne instead, and see if I like it. This is the 3rd time in the last 2 years where I've had to re-setup lightroom to fix 1 random issue. I prefer to pay for software that does not require these types of work arounds. Thank you for all your help, though! I know you tried what you could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your past edits are still in your previous catalog. Open it and your edits are restored. 

The Preference Reset doesn't do anything that cannot be undone in less than 5 minutes. 

There is likely an issue on your machine that may manifest in other ways later. If you decline to troubleshoot further, I understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines