• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Import Photos into Lightroom since last update

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems importing photos in to lightroom from my computer's hard drive, since I upgraded to the latest version of lightroom last night. I use a Windows PC.

When I go to the import feature, and select any folder which has photos in (including locations I have previously imported from), the photos do not appear and the space where they should appear remains grey and blank. I have checked and the photos are definitely in that location!

Therefore I am unable to import any new photos - has anyone else had this problem or know how to help??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

the photos do not appear and the space where they should appear remains grey and blank

Can you post a screen clip to show us the 'grey' import previews?

My best guess is that your monitor profile is not working correctly.

Have a read of this forum link which reports similar problems, and some suggestions-

Photos appear as gray blocks in Library but not in the Develop bar. Both preview pane is gray blocks as well. | Photosho…

If the 'Import' previews are just darkened (not fully grey) then that indic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photos do not appear and the space where they should appear remains grey and blank

Can you post a screen clip to show us the 'grey' import previews?

My best guess is that your monitor profile is not working correctly.

Have a read of this forum link which reports similar problems, and some suggestions-

Photos appear as gray blocks in Library but not in the Develop bar. Both preview pane is gray blocks...

If the 'Import' previews are just darkened (not fully grey) then that indicates the photos are already referenced in the Lightroom catalog and will not import a second time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I cannot import my RAW files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"same Issue"?

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number

Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)- if any.
What you were doing when the problem occurred. (Importing by 'Copy' 'Add' etc?)

A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...

Screenshots of the 'same issue'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having major issues with lightroom V10-2 IM very frustrated please someone help it keep saying (not Responding)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(not Responding) Is something, when starting LrC, I have seen if I click my mouse on the LrC User Interface (any part of the screen) before it has completely read the catalog database into memory and rendered all data on screen (thumbnail data, badges, etc)

On a slow system (if you have one!) this might be happening for you.

Or your Catalog file (the Catalog Name.LRCAT) has some problems (corruption!).

Have you tried creating another Catalog to check if it happens with that?

There is a wealth of information in these articles from the Lightroom Queen at-

Performance- All Blogs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems with Lightroom Classic, with keywords (names, locations, groups, relationships,etc scrambled &/or missing.

Also peoples name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having similar problems with Lightroom Classic, with keywords (names, locations, groups, relationships,etc scrambled &/or missing.

Also peoples name.

By @BobnPamG

This is a different problem. Please start a new thread and describe the problem in detail. People will be happy to help you in a new thread. DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR PROBLEM FUTHER IN THIS THREAD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines