Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Lightroom 6

New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

My PC recently crashed (win 10) so I reinstalled windows and Lightroom 6 from DVD.  Upon opening LR 6, I was asked to sign in to Adobe.  I signed in online and then I was asked to sign a licensing agreement.  Then nothing happened.  This repeats over and over every time I try to open the shortcut.  I'm asked to sign in and then nothing happens.

I called support and they were kind enough to send a download link to LR6 but with the same result after installing.  I tried running as administrator too. Nothing happens.  I checked the task manager and LR6 is not shown.  Any ideas how to get LR6 up and running again? thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no more support for Lightroom 6:  End of Support | Lightroom 6 Downloads and Syncing (adobe.com)

You can't also activate/deactivate Lightroom because the appropriate server are no longer online.

It's now time to move on to a Adobe Plan, like the Photography Plan, or move on to a different product.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because there is no more support does not mean that I should be blocked from installing a DVD that I paid $150 for.  I have the receipt too!   I purchased the right to use Lightroom 6 and now I cannot install it.  This is complete BS!  I will never purchase another Adobe product again.  Thanks for nothing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines