• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot "Edit in..." Topaz labs applications (DeNoise AI, Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI) on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whenever I am trying to edit photos from LrC in a Topaz Labs product (DeNoise AI, Gigapixel AI, Sharpen AI), the 'plug-in' application window opens but no photo appears. Moreover, when I return to LrC, I need to re-map the imported photos.

Please note:

- The photos are stored on a NAS.

- I can open and edit the photos if I access them from the Topaz application directly.

- I am using the latest versions of all apps.

- I am using a Macbook Pro M1 Max with 64GB RAM with the latest version of macOS Monterey.

Any ideas? Am I missing something?

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Hello,

I finally solved it: It had to do with the way macOS connects to the (Synology) NAS. After reading this article in the apple forums by user Tesserax, I modified the settings for SMB connection and disabled AFP. That did it!

Me happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Would you mind telling us the version of Lightroom Classic you're on? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Do you get any error messages? Did you try reinstalling the plugin?

You can also check this link for more info: https://support.topazlabs.com/article/54-how-to-install-your-topaz-labs-program-into-lightroom-class...

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I am using LrC v11.1. I have this problem since my first topaz install. Please note that LrC comunicates fine with PS and DxO's Photo Lab 5. I have tried reinstalling everything (initially only the external editor's link, then the plugin, then links and Topaz software (and plugin) and finally LrC and Topaz (and plugin). Weirdly, I get no error messages, the photo simply will not display on the Topaz side. 

Regards,

Petros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I finally solved it: It had to do with the way macOS connects to the (Synology) NAS. After reading this article in the apple forums by user Tesserax, I modified the settings for SMB connection and disabled AFP. That did it!

Me happy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines