• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot tether with Nikon NZ9 even though the most recent updates supports the Z9

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can shoot to LR Classic on my old MacBook pro but cannot shoot to LR on my new Mac Studio. Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

The software says it is only available through something called Rosetta.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the old MacBook not MACOS Ventura?

And the new MacStudio would be Ventura?

And for each, what version of LrC? 12.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are Ventura 13.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The software says it is only available through something called Rosetta."

See this article for how to run tethered capture on newer Apple Silicon Macs:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tether-support-apple-silicon-devices.html

If that does't work for you, please provide much more detail about what you see, including screenshots of any error messages. Also, do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here so we can see exactly which versions of hardware and software LR thinks you're running.

Nikon provides the tethering library for LR, and they haven't bothered to provide an updated version that runs natively on Apple Silicon Macs, even though they've been out for over two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having issues tethering with my Nikon Z9 and using Lightroom Classic 12.2. I'm on a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 (OS 12.4). Lightoom reboots so it's using Rosseta, it does then connect with the camera, but I can only shoot 1-2 frames and then it disconnects from the camera and starts searching for it again. I have to wait 10-40 seconds for it to reconnect to the cvaemra and then I can shoot another 1-2 frames. It littlerally did this for an entire 6 hour shoot the first time I tried tethering with it. What could be going on? Is this really the best Adobe can do? Attached is a video showing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has been silent on the issue, but it appears that LR 12.2 includes an updated Nikon SDK (code library) for connecting to the camera, and there may be issues with that new SDK.  Try rolling back to LR 12.1 and, to help others, report back on whether that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines