• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant find files

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you help me find files that have disapeared.The pics are still there and can be seen from the keywords but I cant seem to find the file where they were originally located

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018
but I cant seem to find the file where they were originally located

Do you mean "can't seem to find the FOLDER where they were originally located"???

If so,

Right-click on a photo and select Go to Folder in Library. This will highlight the folder that contains the photo (you may have to scroll up or scroll down to see the folder).

If not, then explain further.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI iand,

After locating the images with the help of keywords have you tried checking the folder panel to the left in Lightroom? Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now?

Are you facing this issue after the recent of Lightroom?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

This is the latest software release the has been issued..I have looked in the left panel but I cant seem to find the file.Its called Landscape -with all my landscape photos in it

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I cant seem to find the file where they were originally located

Do you mean "can't seem to find the FOLDER where they were originally located"???

If so,

Right-click on a photo and select Go to Folder in Library. This will highlight the folder that contains the photo (you may have to scroll up or scroll down to see the folder).

If not, then explain further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Ian Dodds

CFP, Adv.PDFP(UOFS), DIP FMI (RAU), TEP

Fundamental Investments (Pty) Ltd

Tel No. +27 11 803 0613

Fax No. 086 524 0783

International Fax No. +27 11 803 7147

ian@pension.co.za<mailto:ian@pension.co.za>

www.pension.co.za<http://www.pension.co.za/>

Practitioners in: Employee Benefits, Private Wealth Management & Medical aid

Authorised Financial Services Provider Licence Number FSP 5683

Medical Schemes Number ORG2320

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views contained in this message are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated, for which only he/she, as an individual,is liable. Fundamental Investments Pty Ltd cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained, nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference, and disclaims all liability in such respect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes-the folder seems to have disappeared

Ian Dodds

Tel No. +27 11 803 0613

Fax No. 086 524 0783

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views contained in this message are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated, for which only he/she, as an individual,is liable. Fundamental Investments Pty Ltd cannot assure that the integrity of this communication has been maintained, nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference, and disclaims all liability in such respect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. ALL SORTED

Ian Dodds

Tel No. +27 11 803 0613

Fax No. 086 524 0783

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the update.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello- I was wondering if someone can help understand why my clients fav folder, after I have copied it from Pixiset and search for it in LRC it's not finding the files. The steps I have take in LRC is going into Library>find>any searchable field> contains. Still it's not locating any of the image files. Is there anything that I'm missing specfic click or setting in LRC?

thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"after I have copied it from Pixiset..."

Did you then IMPORT the 'copied' files into the Lightroom-Classic catalog?

"search for it in LRC it's not finding the files..."

Same question- Are they Imported to the catalog?

And where in your Folder structure have you stored the copied files?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I don't know how to do that, since I have no done that. Is there any over the phone support I can get to help walk me through this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New to this forum, I guess you are also new to Lightroom-Classic.

And is it specifically Lightroom-Classic you are asking about. (Not Lightroom- cloud based.)

A good start to LrC can be found in the free eBook from the Lightroom Queen- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/

Lightroom-CLassic does not work like most image 'Browser' apps that simply show you files in your computer. LrC must have photos added (imported) to a catalog that is a database of images that you view.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines