• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catchlight missing from Red Eye tool & PV4 images change Red Eye to Pet Eye

Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  Catchlight checkbox missing from Red Eye tool and can not find any release notes indicating that this was an "as designed" change.  In screen shot with PV3,  it clearly shows that Red Eye was used on the image and the Catchlight checkbox is present.

Califdan2_0-1679502588569.png

If I change the PV to current, the check box remains.  But if I re-import the image (without XMP) and at import it gets the current PV,  the catchlight check box cannot be made to appear.

2)  On the original image, If I import it with it's PV3 XMP side car file which brings it in as PV3 image but with no history,  It has the catchlight checkbox but then if I convert it to the current PV, select one of the red eye circles and delete it, the history panel shows "Delete Pet Eye Correction".  In other words, LrC somehow changed the correction form Red Eye to Pet Eye. 

So, two related bugs.  1)  Catchlight missing from Red Eye, and 2) LrC secretly converting Red Eye Corrections to Pet Eye for images with prior PV's in which Red Eye was used.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen capture, up in the Histogram, that lightning bolt you are pointing to is a symbol that indicates an issue with process version.

https://youtu.be/O_6MVpLPlUA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@GoldingD - You didn't read my post.  I clearly stated that the screen shot was with PV3 and I circled the lightening bolt in the screen shot to draw attention to that fact.  The issue is not that the image was edited using PV3, the issue is that in PV3 I got the "Catchlight" checkbox, but when the same image is newly imported in an LR version using PV4, the catchlight checkbox is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines