• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Z9 NEF flies are not readable by LrC

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a shoot, I found that about 20-30 of the 200 images could not open either from my card reader or my hard drive. In Library, the file says that a Preview Unavailable for this file.

As I mentioned, all but about 30 were opened. Wondering wh

Using 11.3 with Windows 10. Would appreciate any help.

I am trying to attach files but get this message: The attachment's z9s_7810.nef content type (image/NEF) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put one of the files on Dropbox or similar file sharing service and provide us the link.

Based on this: "The attachment's z9s_7810.nef content type (image/NEF) does not match its file extension and has been removed." I suspect the file is damaged and not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I suspect they are too. I can't imagine how though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rozfddwn6o76tsf/Z9S_7810.NEF?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I see

2022-07-25 19_19_45-Lightroom v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.png

So the image is damaged. Possibly bad camera card, bad card reader or bad USB port; worst case scenario, but also least likely is that the camera itself is not writing the files to the camera card properly. Please try to use different hardware to transfer the photo to your computer — use a different card reader or if you don't have a different card reader, transfer it to the computer using the cable that came with the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It's a brand new Delkin Black card and reader. I'll try transferring the files from the camera. Any idea why only 20-30 images were damaged out of thousands taken so far and hundreds the day of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure you understand a key concept here: new hardware (such as a new camera card) can malfunction.

As far as the 20-30 that appear damaged, sometimes hardware malfunctions are intermittent.

It also has occurred to me that perhaps this problem may be caused by a hard disk malfunction, you should run some deep diagnostics on your hard disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input. I certainly will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would any of the images that will not import be in the Nikon High Efficiency raw compression mode?

And would your OS be Windows ARM 64?

Adobe Camera RAW does not currently support that. see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're all in the HE* mode. Its all I've been using since I got the camera 3 weeks ago.

Never had this problem before. I do run 64 bit programs but I'm not failiar with ARM64.

As I said though, it only affected 30 shots out of thousands I've taken so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines