• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud download slow

Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for a while now and its really annoying, I thought it would be some temporary server issue or another thing you know and are about to fix soon, but that does not seem to be the case.

No it's not my connection:

- I got 100mbit down / 50mbit up on paper and measure
- this has been going on for month
- LR Mobile on the same internet connection on Android works fast
- LR Cloud on the same windows PC as the Classic version works fast

It's just LR Classic that takes ages to get new photos from the cloud saved, and the upload just for metadata takes way too long to. Its activity doesn't even show up in my bandwidth monitor..it's that slow.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help.

Could you please share the Lightroom Classic version and the operating system you are working on? Does this happen with recently synced images only? Do you have enough space to keep the original images in the internal drive downloaded full size by Lightroom Classic from Adobe Lightroom Cloud?

Lightroom Classic needs to download the full-size image available on the cloud and store it locally for it to sync.

In Lightroom, please share the screenshot of the following options as shown below from Preferences > Lightroom Sync.

SameerK_2-1652275382655.png

If this option is enabled, where have you set up the location to? On an internal drive or an external drive?

We hope to hear from you soon, 

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already said its Window. Its of course the current version (11.3.1), why should I use an outdated one? It happens on all photos (but as for downloading from the cloud that of course are recent ones). And yes, of course I have enough space....it's an internal drive, and it works fine.

Wurstkrapfen_0-1652299285571.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who has this experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You are not alone in this and i think is a download cap from Adobe ...
Upload a ton of images on the cloud if fairy quick but download file from the cloud is quqick from the first hundred of file and very very slow ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reasons it worked really well the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But now it seems it's unreliable, skipped some photos and keeps ignoring the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines