• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color profiles gone, can't add new ones

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently updated to new LrC version 10.2 & Adobe camera Raw 13.2.

Since then, when I import a photo, and go to develop, I can no longer see some of my treatment profiles that are usually there. I like to use the Neutral profile, or Landscape, but they aren't there anymore. I just have Color & Monochrome, and also the folders of Artistic, B&W, Modern and Vintage.

I have manually found the folder that contains the Adobe Neutral.xmp and Adobe Landscape.xmp files, they're in Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Camera Raw > Settings > Adobe > Profiles > Adobe Raw.

When I try to manually import them in profile browser in lightroom, an error message comes up (Unable to import profiles, All items were already imported).

So why can I not see them then if they are already imported?

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.50.01 am.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe Neutral and Landscape profiles are only for raw files.

They won't show up if you're working with RGB files, like jpg or Tiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with Raw files, my drone files are DNG which is raw. I only
ever shoot in raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find answers in this 2018 interesting forum thread at-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/dng-still-image-not-treated-as-a-raw-file.34879/

Apparently Adobe do not always provide Profiles for all raw formats, and all DNG files are not necessarily 'raw' data- they can be RGB data stored in the DNG file 'wrapper'. ie. not 'raw' files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you this was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines