• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments in Library Mode- Adobe LightRoom Classic CC

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a 27 inch Mac running High Sierra. I have a subscription to Adobe for LightRoom and Photoshop. Both are up to-date. Can some please tell me how I can activate the comments area in the Metadata area on the right side of the panel at the very bottom of Library panel.I want to add a few comments for the photo and cannot seem to activate it to add comments. Below the Comments panel, it says “Comments not supported here” Thanks for your help….

Tunney

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

You can't activate it for your use. Go to the exif section and find the "User comment" input and use it. It will expand as you type in it.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the "User comment" field in the exif data area. I have never solicited comments from people I have shared images with online. But I think that is what the other "Comments" field is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was for the creator of the image to put some remarks in about the photo. Sorry but I still cannot get it activated

Tunney

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Comments section is only for publish services (eg Flickr) and Lightroom Mobile comments. So for example, let's say you sync a collection of photos to Adobe's cloud and share that collection with me. In my browser I might make comments about some photos, and they will automatically appear in the Comments section. That's what the section is for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't activate it for your use. Go to the exif section and find the "User comment" input and use it. It will expand as you type in it.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Tunney

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,  thanks for the answer, hope you are still following the thread, what and where is the exif data section? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell us how to activate the Comments section rather than telling us to use something else?Screenshot 2022-11-17 001721.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This panel cannot be 'activated' to enter local user comments, as may be mistakenly assumed. It does a completely different job than that.

This panel reports any incoming comments that other people may have left against an image, when they've viewed an online copy of that in a public website context.  

It only does anything anyway, when a trackable relationship exists between an image that's been sent out to an online gallery, and the Catalog's own instance of that same image. If that's not the case, also if you don't need to see such reporting of web-visitor comments, you can simply disable and ignore this whole panel.

As already explained here - in a genuine attempt to be helpful - the place where your local Catalog's info for a given image can be directly edited, including typing in your own local comments, is the Metadata panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines