• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare doesn't load the full photo

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm connected to my NAS and im using the compare functionality the one that I already checked in the develop mode is the full size image from the NAS and the other one is a lot smaller. When I go to the photo in develop mode and then get back it will show the full size.

My expectation was that as soon as Lightroom would see that the file is available that it will load the file but it isn't loading at all.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Lr icon) or Lightroom Classic (LrC icon)? What version NUMBER?

Please show us a screen capture of the problem you are seeing; include the screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon. Do NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah sorry its Lightroom classic 12.2.1,will take a screenshot when it happens again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So its lightroom classic 12.2.1 and here are the screenshots 

Glenn5E24_0-1681759624876.png

Glenn5E24_1-1681759642582.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some more info, the photo's are taken just 30 seconds apart, with a fixed lens and I din't move. So they should be the same size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on how fast the access to your NAS is this can take a while. If you access it over wifi for example, it can take a long time for Lightroom to load the raw file and to render a full resolution preview before being able to show it to you. I've also see it take a long time to realize that it has access to the originals after mounting the NAS drive and you sometimes have to go back and forth between modules to shake it into action. A lot of this is caused by how crappily Mac OS X deals with network drives though. Make sure you mount through smb for best performance but mac OS X is fundamentally bad at this (love the OS otherwise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx for the tip but I don't see a loading icon anywhere and it's also not loading anything... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unlocking the padlock (by a mouse click) when you should then be able to zoom the images independently by clicking on and highlighting either the 'Select' or 'Candidate' images..

You may have locked the left image in 100% view.

2023-04-18 08_11_11-Clipboard.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen yeah I want both of them at 100%, that is where the lock is for right? So that when I zoom in on the left the right is also zoomed in at 100%? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I see. With the padlock closed- both images zoom to the set % when either image is clicked.

2023-04-20 09_14_55-Window.jpg2023-04-20 09_15_08-Window.jpg

If you want 100%, then rather than using the Zoom slider- Click (on the navigator panel) on [Fit], then on [100%]- Now the [Spacebar] is a quick way to zoom 100%.

2023-04-20 09_17_05-Window.jpg

If your zoom function is not 'locking' both images as expected, maybe a reset of preferences might fix.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce it now again,

2 photos with the same size,

flag one so its filtered out,

lightroom will take the next photo but without matching the zoom, even when im using the zoom slider at the bottom and have locked enabled.

What I tried to resolve it:
unlock en zooming out and then in again. This doesnt help as well.

Maybe it also has something to do with the smart previews, but i also have access to the original photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what works temporary btw is to exit compare mode and reenter the compare mode again. but that is really frustrating if you need to do that for a whole serie of photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines