• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely different colors when exporting

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. When exporting from Lightroom Classic, or using the "edit in" function and editing in Photoshop 2022, the colors in my image are completely different. I have tried updating my graphics drivers. My display calibration is set to sRGB - but I do not think this is the issue as they are different even between applications.

I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Version numbers are at the bottom of this post.

I've been struggling trying to find a solution for about 2 hours now and would appreciate any and all help as to why this would be happening.

Photoshop Color Settings

defaultu6ykm36mnwsf_0-1639451802689.png

Lightroom External Editing & Export settings

defaultu6ykm36mnwsf_1-1639451834224.png

defaultu6ykm36mnwsf_2-1639451869657.png

Example below. Left is lightroom(correct) right is photoshop(wrong) You can even see some weird red color artifacting on the hood in the right image.

4.png

Lightroom Classic version: 11.0.1 [ 202111111509-eae8952e ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19044

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.0.2 20211119.r.101 ace26c0 x64
Number of Launches: 2
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.19044.1387

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

"Here is a link to the raw and xmp sidecar. Let me know what you see when you open it up/export/edit in PS."

On my wide-gamut calibrated Eizo, I can't see any difference between:

- LR Develop,

- LR > Export to quality 100 sRGB JPEG > PS, and

- LR > Edit In > PS (ProPhoto RGB)

This suggests that what you are seeing is specific to your display, and calibrating it with a hardware calibrator (e.g. a Spyder or i1Display for about $130 - $200) should be the next step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you embedding the sRGB profile? It's not enough to just convert to sRGB, you also need to embed the profile.

If you are, and are still seeing this, my money is on a bad monitor profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, taht might be the issue. When exporting i set the format to jpeg and the colorspace to srgb. Is that embedding or converting?Screengrab.png I hope this will finally clear the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know that Photoshop has convert and embed boxes to check when exporting, but Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
i have exported an image from Lightroom and if i view it in the Windows Viewer or on a phone it is oversaturated and has too much contrast. I know that Windows Viewer isn't a color managed software, but the image is exported as Srgb and my Monitor and System is set to Srgb. How can i see what the image would look like in Lightrooms Develop Tab while I'm editing? That should be the default in my opinion. Is there any way to fix that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography  please lock this post or merge it with the thread containing Klein's duplicate post, which has an extensive discussion going:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/completely-different-colors-when-export...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution and many wrong answers. I faced the same problem. go to the color sync utility and change the default color LCD to sRgb. You may need to look for the profile in the color profiles folder on the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines