• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could I use a tablet to liveview in tethershoot mode?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Could I ask a question about tether shoot of Lightroom classic? Could I use a laptop like iPad , iphone or android mobile to liveview in tether shoot mode like capture one? My camera is the old Canon 5dsr that without wifi.Many thanks!

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

The only Lightroom app that has any tethering support is Lightroom Classic, so this cannot be done using any mobile Lightroom app.

However, there is a workaround…

An Apple iPad can be assigned as an additional display to extend a Mac desktop, using the Sidecar feature. If you set this up, you can then enable the Secondary Display window for Lightroom Classic, and move that window to the iPad because the Mac now thinks it’s another monitor. If the Secondary Display is set to Loupe view when t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry that I key in the wrong word, it's a tablet not a laptop 😔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the three dots below your post, you can edit your post.

... I already did it for the title ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm appreciate your kindly help 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only Lightroom app that has any tethering support is Lightroom Classic, so this cannot be done using any mobile Lightroom app.

However, there is a workaround…

An Apple iPad can be assigned as an additional display to extend a Mac desktop, using the Sidecar feature. If you set this up, you can then enable the Secondary Display window for Lightroom Classic, and move that window to the iPad because the Mac now thinks it’s another monitor. If the Secondary Display is set to Loupe view when tethering is in use in Lightroom Classic, images will appear in that Secondary Display window as they are captured. As long as the iPad is within wireless range of the host Mac, it’s a wireless external display for that Mac so you can carry it around or hand it to other people during the tethering session.

If you can’t use Sidecar because you are using a Windows PC, or a Mac that is too old to use Sidecar, you still might be able to achieve the same thing using other software such as Duet Display (a paid application). And this might also let you use a wider range of devices; for example Duet supports Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really practical! Thank you so much for helping me solve the problem!

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines