Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash while tethering

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased a new laptop (macOS) with Ventura 13.3.1 and installed the latest LR Classic and everytime I want to tether, LR immediatly just itself down.

Can someone help?

Thanks you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s?  Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic just shuts down without any change of reporting. Everything just stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*chance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to find any information in your OS Logs? Without a crash report being sent to Adobe, we don't have a way to evaluate what is happening on your system.  To be honest, a new laptop with a crashing problem could be hardware related. It wouldn't hurt to check that out as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exchanged the computer at the store for another one, thinking it might indeed be hardware related. I've installed Lightroom Classic on the new laptop and the same thing happens. So it has to do with my account maybe?

I don't know what to do anymore. But I have been able to send a crashreport now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not finding a crash report on our end. Can you screenshot the dialog the next time you send it and post it here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached a screenrecording of what happens when attempt to I tether and why I am not able to send a crash report, hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is nice to see but I am afraid it doesn't' help isolate the issue. In a previous post you wrote "But I have been able to send a crashreport now." 

Was that on your previous machine or the current machine? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to send a crasg report after I had to 'force quit' lightroom Classic. But as the video shows, I am not able to send a crashreport with the tethering issue. I shuts down without showing the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that on your previous machine or the current machine? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a crash of this nature, there won't be any logs in the Adobe software. If the Adobe Crash Dialog doesn't appear, then it is likely the report you filed was to Apple and not Adobe. This would explain why I can't find anything on your crash.

Did the OS keep a log of the abnormal shutdown? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't know where to find that, so I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this keeps happening to me, this is a massive problem and there is no way to send a bug report as it just crashes the software. There is nowhere to go. I have a brand new M2 macbook pro and there is no way to tehter the camera to lightroom. PLEASE advise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hugh29785197kte2 , the latest version of macOS is 13.4, which was released on May 18th.

Are you using that version?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the problem. You have to have 'Rosetta' downloaded. Only then it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines