Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create slideshow/Dynamic Link-mediaserver fails to start

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've seen similar discussions, but, no solution.

I can't create a slideshow i LrC. I use just 4 pictures with a size of approx 25MB each. It takes about 10 minutes to complete the task when selecting  'preview'. An error message is displayed when selecting 'Play'. After the message is 'Preview', 'Play' or 'Export Video' not selectable. Export PDF is, and a PDF is created with my pictures and settings. No MP4 is created when selecting 'Export Video instead of selecting 'Play' as above. Select no 2 of 'Export Video' with the same file name gives the answer 'Task in use' or similar and a progressbar is  presented i the upper left of the screen. I have restarted LrC with the same lrcat, re-installed LrC and pointed on my lrcat, and a clean lrcat and new and one of my older backup files. The same result for all trials. I use an updated Win10 Home computer, LrC 12.1. Both in Swedish version.

To create a slideshow with the same 4 pictures work fine on my laptop with Win11 Home and LrC 12.1. A preview takes about 10 seconds. 'Play' and 'Export Video' works also as it should.

Any suggestions to repair my Win10 main computer.

Best Regards //Kent

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the rename to .old but it did not work. I have followed one of  the last comments in the thread by using the 'Creative Cloud Cleaning Tool' to remove all traces of LrC - Photoshop etc. The log file from 'Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.log' reports errors, eg. 'Warning: Failed to remove file,folder trying again: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC'. I don't have 'C:\Program Files\' just C:\Program\ on my Win 10 Home computers. Another issue, but. still confusing.

BR Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines