• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default crop ratio... how do i?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I set the default crop to 1x1? So that each time I want to crop an image, the crop tool is automatically set to 1x1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

The default crop ratio is always the ratio in which the image was taken. You cannot change that. If you want 1:1 to be the aspect ratio for the crop, it will have to be changed each time. You can highlight several images and crop them simultaneously, but you cannot set a specific aspect ratio to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default crop ratio is always the ratio in which the image was taken. You cannot change that. If you want 1:1 to be the aspect ratio for the crop, it will have to be changed each time. You can highlight several images and crop them simultaneously, but you cannot set a specific aspect ratio to be the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lame-O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is lame? The feature, or the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had a good answer so I'm sure they meant the feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of the original aspect ratio of the picture, it is not unreasonable to request a feature to be able to set the crop tool so that a specific size is enabled by default as soon as you click on the tool. For people who are editing their pictures for a photo frame for example (in my case 1280 x 800), it would be nice to have this size already selected when the tool is selected. Copying the crop size to multiple images is a ridiculous suggestion as the crop window may not be right (and almost certainly won't be) correct for every specific picture. So requesting a default is a perfectly reasonable request. At the moment, I have to click on the tool then go and select the size, then position and size the crop every time I edit a photo. So rather than the default be set to original, it should be able to be set to whatever you like. It isn't going to automatically crop that size, it is merely going to present the crop size in the work area ready to be positioned and actioned. So stating it cannot be changed from the original is rather missing the point I feel! If Photoshop can do this, then why not Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you submit a feature request to Adobe? There is a link on the main page of this forum that says "Submit Product Feedback"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea! 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default crop ratio is most definitely **not** always the ratio in which the image was taken. Perhaps it is for you, but not for me. "Original" is the ratio in which the image was taken. "As shot" cuts off the sides. Original would make a much better default than As Shot. Maybe this is camera speciifc. I don't know. The mopst annoying thing about this is I can't just drag across the image to select the crop since a crop is already set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree. I prefer to begin the process with the entire image showin (Original). At this time I go into every image open crop and change the setting. Even if there is some downside to this, it should be an available choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines