• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deletion of images from disc.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am deleting extraneous images from my lightroom. I have 2 optiond after highlighting and marking 'x' on selected images. 1.   Remove from lightroom and 2. delete from disc.

I accidently hit remove from lightroom!

How do I find or retrieve these selected images to remove from disc?

Thank you,

Terry

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove (from LR) does remove it from LR but doesn't move the document. It is simply removed from the catalog. They remain in the location they did prior to using that command. 

To get them back in the catalog, just import them back (you can use the Contextual menu: Sync Folder and they should reappear in the Import dialog if so set they come back where they were). 

Delete does just that, moves to the trash while removing the photos from the catalog or course. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will do my best. Much appreciated. Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you only removed them from LrC, the images remain in the folder on your hard drive where they were imported. They are no longer part of your LrC catalog. It will be necessary for you to use Finder to browse to that folder, locate the images and use Finder to delete those images. You probably have read or watched tutorials warning not to do anything outside of Lightroom. However, in this case you are safe to do so because those images have been removed from your Lightroom catalog and are no longer being tracked by the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the folder in Lightroom and choose Synchronize folder. In the dialog that appears, make sure that Show import dialog before importing is checked.

The removed files will appear in the Import dialog, and you can now identify them and delete them in the Finder – or import them, if you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is to synchronize the folder, like @Per Berntsen said, and import the images again. They will be shown in 'Previous Import', so go to that collection, select them all and this time delete them from the catalog and from disk.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply. Thank you, Terry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much appreciated. I am on it now. Terry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines