• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Destination Not Writable

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message I see after trying to import images from my SD card into Lightroom reads: The following files were not imported because they cannot be read of the destination folder is not writable. There are images on my SD card. I don't know what to do. I've never had this issue before. Can anyone advise me? Or is there a person I can actually talk with about this situation?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information please:

Type of computer and operating system Exact Version Number.

Exact number version of Lightroom Classic.

If you are on a Mac of somekind, have you recently updated the operating system? If so you may have a problem with the properties of the destination folder/drive. Mac updates changes that sometimes.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

I have a MacBook Pro Version 10.12.6 and I'm running Photoshop Lightroom CC
2007-2016. The software on my computer is up to date.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there -I have a MacBook Pro Version 10.12.6 and I'm running Photoshop Lightroom CC2007-2016. The software on my computer is up to date.Thank you.
By @Mary Glynn

This is not the version NUMBER of Lightroom ... please go to Help->System Info and report the version number of your Lightroom or Lightroom Classic. (DO NOT copy and paste the entire System Info window into your reply, we just need one piece of information)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you, outside of Lightroom, using MACOS  Finder, copy the photos to the hard drive, to the folder, that you would import them to?

Then in LrC, in Import, select ADD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Lightroom CC
2007-2016.

Trying to remember the actual Lightroom version that is. Not latest. Could be what you have not updated your MACOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro Version 10.12.6

What edition of the MACBook? Is it too old to upgrade the OS? Not up to date. Or is your old Lr holding you up in terms if MACOS upgrades? (old Lr, like 6.14 will not run on latest MACOS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1624159684603.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1624159684604.png

GoldingD_2-1624159684605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following files were not imported because they cannot be read of the destination folder is not writable.

This means that the files cannot be read or the destingation folder is not writable. Cannot be read because your Lightroom Classic is too old to read files from new cameras (what version NUMBER of LrC? what make and model of camera?) or you are trying to write them to a folder where you don't have write permission (change the folder, or change the permissions in your operating system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines