• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module switching photos when background processes complete

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overview: So whenever I have a batch of HDR's completing in the background (or other background tasks), I usually continue my work in the same folder developing some other photo. However, whenever an HDR is complete, the photo that I'm working on in the development module changes. It changes to the next photo either to the left or the right. (more on this below). This obviously kind of messes me up especially if I'm in the middle of masking or something.

More detail: The image in the development module changes either to the left or the right depending on the location order of the HDR that was completed. If the HDR that was completed was from a stack located before the image I'm currently developing, it moves to the left. If after, the right. It as if the developer is saying "oh we're working on the 5th image" and when you insert another image before the 5th one, it scrolls to the new 5th image, which is not what you're working on.

Additionally, if you're viewing a gallery sorted by attributes, as soon as a new HDR is completed, it switches you to the "none" sorting view automatically. Which is annoying if you're just trying to sort through a gallery and your screen suddenly switches to a different view you didn't want.

Hope it gets fixed thanks in advance! Please let me know if there's anything that I can do

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I purchase Develop module

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried starting off a batch of 20 HDR merges and didn't observe this bad behavior, so there's something particular to your configuration or the steps you're doing that triggers it. Adobe generally won't pay attention to a bug report unless they can easily reproduce the problem.

I suggest you make a full-resolution, full-window screen recording of of what you're doing end-to-end that triggers the problem. Be sure to show the HDR settings being used and the settings in Preferences > General.  You can attach the screen recording here if it's under 49 MB -- otherwise, upload it to Youtube, Dropbox, or a similar service and post the sharing link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, if you're viewing a gallery sorted by attributes, as soon as a new HDR is completed, it switches you to the "none" sorting view automatically. 

By @defaultj2fnox7vnc0h

There is no 'None' sorting, so I assume that you are talking about filtering rather than sorting. Look at the right of the filter bar. There is a little padlock. Click on it so it closes.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I assume that you are talking about filtering rather than sorting. Look at the right of the filter bar. There is a little padlock. Click on it so it closes."

Excellent. I forgot about that. With filters unlocked, a Photo Merge will reset the filters each time a merge completes, which Adobe says is by design:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/library-filter-and-photo-merge-hdr/m-p/... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines