Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

LR Classic 11.4.1 on subscription, Windows 10 Pro

I'm trying to set lens correction as default develop setting 

in develop module, holding Alt does not change "RESET" button to "SET DEFAULT" 

oucome is no different than clicking on RESET without Alt + 

(Alt + left-click resets all develop settings) 

fyi: other Alt + shortcuts (e.g. "Alt + =" to increase clarity) seem to be working fine 

is this a bug?  is there setting somewhere I may have changed to disable this feature?

I seem to remember this working in the past 

(yes, I know I can create a develop preset, but I use those for different develop setting configs)   

thank you for any guidance toward a solving this issue -

Bill 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

The [Alt] >[RESET] shortcut in the Develop module has not worked since the upgrade in v9.2 (Feb 2020)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults

"Defaults" are now set in the Preferences dialog where you can set defaults specific to camera model.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info: 

Holding ALT  *does* cause the individual develop panels to allow reset individually 

(e.g. Tone, Presence, HSL, etc.)  

just doesn't affect the main develop "RESET" button (next to PREVIOUS) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The [Alt] >[RESET] shortcut in the Develop module has not worked since the upgrade in v9.2 (Feb 2020)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/whats-new/2020-2.html#raw-defaults

"Defaults" are now set in the Preferences dialog where you can set defaults specific to camera model.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the lightning fast reply Rob - that sure explains why it wasn't working as I had expected...    

That prompts a follow-up question 

can I create an import preset for "Camera Settings + Lens Correction" that I can use in the Pref > Presets > Raw Defaults > Global dropdown?  I see that I can choose a preset, but I'm not clear on how to create a preset to include "Camera Settings" rather than specifically "Camera Landscape" "Camera Portrait", "Camera Standard" from the develop panel choices. 

Any guidance would be appreciated. 

best regards and thank you again,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"can I create an import preset for "Camera Settings + Lens Correction" that I can use in the Pref > Presets > Raw Defaults > Global dropdown?"

Yes!.

The simplest option is 'simply' [Camera Settings], but very limited-

2022-07-02 12_33_38-Preferences.jpg

But you would be better creating a Preset with other options:

1) Start with an un-edited raw file image from the camera-

2) Choose a Profile. That could be Adobe Standard. Or (as I do ) create my own camera profile for my D750 camera.

2022-07-02 12_26_35-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

3) Set the Lens Corrections, etc, that you want-

2022-07-02 12_26_46-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

4) Set the Sharpening and Noise reduction you want-

2022-07-02 12_39_25-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

5) Even set sliders in the Basic Panel to 'reflect' your color/tone preferences-

6) Create a Preset-

2022-07-02 12_27_27-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

7) Choose the options you want in the Preset suitable for camera 'Default'-

2022-07-02 12_29_35-New Develop Preset.jpg

8) Open Preferences/Presets and set up for your camera using the Preset you created- Note in the 'Default' option box you can choose your defined Preset-

2022-07-02 12_30_57-Preferences.jpg

Done!- Now all future imported images from the specified camera are imported with the Preset you defined. Of course you can 'reset' previous imported images with the Preset defined, but it may overwrite previous develop editing!

I am sure to have omitted a step, so read the Helpx blog article-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it made the change to Presets back in LrC version 9, Adobe also supplied a set of "Default" presets. These include "Adobe Default", which is the same as the old Alt/Opt + Reset action, and "Camera Settings" which also resets the image and applies whatever Camera setting values that it can (mainly the in-camera picture style/profile, but may be some others).

Both of these presets can be found in the "Defaults" section of the Presets panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim - I'm very grateful for the info you've included - Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the great detailed step-by-step Rob - I'll give it a go this weekend. 

I'm also a Nikon user (from the film days), and first experience with digital was the D70S.  Fast forward to the D750 which I really enjoy using - it still stands up as an extremely well designed digital body IMPO. 

I really do appreciate those of you in the support community who help folks like me wade through the marshes of Lightroom settings.  Best regards,  Bill 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines