• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dialog box minimized in windows

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am developing a lightroom plugin  with presentFloatingDialog, and facing an issue for the windows operating system. At some screen I need to use LrDialogs.promptForActionWithDoNotShow(args) with  presentFloatingDialog. I have a warning checkbox on my screen and for that I have used presentFloatingDialog.

Now, I need to show a warning when clicked on the checkbox with the help of  promptForActionWithDoNotShow but my main screen with presentFloatingDialog is minized when prompt dailog opens for the windows machine. The same issue is not happened with the mac machine. 

f:checkbox {
    enabled = false,
    bind_to_object = props,
    value = LrView.bind {
    key = 'isChecked',
    transform = function(value, fromModel)
    if value == tostring(1) then
    local args = {
        message = "Here is my message to show users.",
        actionPrefKey = 'autoStraightDoNotShow',
        verbBtns = {
          {
            label = "I got it!",
            verb = "checked"
          }
         }
    }
    LrDialogs.promptForActionWithDoNotShow(args)
    end
    return value
    end
    },
    checked_value = "1",
    unchecked_value = "0",
   }

Please find a above code for the same and guide me how to fix this issue.

macscreenshot-for-dialog-2022.02.16-16_30_54.png I want prompt box above presentFloatingDialog like mac os as above screenshot. Thanking you in advance.

TOPICS
SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make the simplest possible self-contained script that shows the problem and that can be run from LR's Script menu (the rightmost menu in LR's menu bar). Post the script here. Here's an example of such a script:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-sdk-lrview-bind-key-fails-when-quot-key-quot...

That will make it much more likely that Adobe will be able to reproduce the problem and fix it. (They don't fix most reported SDK bugs, but they do fix some.)  This script will also let me and others experiment with workarounds.

A couple of possible workarounds:

- Don't use floating dialogs. They tend to disappear behind the main LR window whenever the main window gets focus.  I have a couple plugs that use them, and they're just not that useful because of this. Perhaps you're experiencing the same symptoms.

- Provide the onShow function parameter to presetFloatingDialog() and save away the toFront function passed to it. Right before invoking promptForActionWithDoNotShow(), create an async task that waits for a small bit and then invokes toShow:

LrTasks.startAsyncTask (function ()
    LrTasks.sleep (0.2)
    toFront ()
    end)

This may not do what you want, but perhaps you can experiment with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines