• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did a Dropbox beta test and can't find files anymore from lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox approaced me a couple months ago to help with a beta test.  It had several issues that i reported to them and then went back to the current Dropbox.  Now, in Lightroom, it will not see any new folders or photos stored on Dropbox.  It will see any of the old folders and photos on there.  AND, of course, Dropbox tech chat couldn't help and said to ask you guys.  Any thoughts on this?  I can work around by put the photos on my computer harddrive and then Lightroom see them just fine.  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in the folders panel, have you corrected any missing folder issues? Update Folder location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the photos and folders are not marked online only (that is, they should be available offline).  Dropbox still hasn't ensured that only-only files will work with apps; see here for details:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-12-monterey-support

This started with Apple not working closely enough with Dropbox and OneDrive prior to changes made in Mac OS 12.3:

https://www.techtarget.com/searchenterprisedesktop/news/252512950/Apple-working-with-Dropbox-Microso...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the issue.  Thanks for those articles.  I can work around this for now, hopefully they will fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You stated, "That seems to be the issue."

What specifically do you expect to be fixed?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines