• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disk permissions errors on Mac, LR 12.2.1

Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Macbook Pro, Adobe LRC, I'm getting disk permission errors every time I open LR, but I've given LR full disk access as per the instructions.  

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 2.22.00 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-10 at 2.25.13 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-04-11 at 9.00.36 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the no access issue with the internal disk or an external disk? If external, then you may find that setting the disk permissions to 'Ignore Ownership' helps. I've attached a screenshot.

get_info_permissions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an internal SSD. The LRC catalog and all files reside in "documents", although documents is also an icloud synched folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an internal SSD. The LRC catalog and all files reside in "documents", although documents is also an icloud synched folder. 

By @bellevue scott

I'm not a fan of placing the Lightroom catalog in a cloud synced folder, especially not in a folder that can automatically become cloud only if your free disk space gets low. The default location for the Lightroom catalog is your Pictures folder, not your Documents folder. Unless you have a reason to want it in Documents, I would advise you to move it to Pictures.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/allow-permissions.html

Note the remark about Time Machine.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. That's helpful. I can't believe Adobe's answer is to tell it to just ignore the error, but OK. I don't have a time machine on this machine since it's kind of a roaming work machine and data is offloaded to a file server once any job is done.  Again, thanks for the info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines