• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download DNG Recover Edge plug-in

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large number of images from a trip to India that were wrongly formatted to 16:9 in camera (Sony A700) the full image available on the Sony editor but I cannot save it to light room. I believe DNG Recover Edge plug-in would recover the situation but I cannot find on the Adobe web-site. Can anybody help please.

Alun 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

it works! Thank you for share that dropbox link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

In Develop, does changing from Aspect: As Shot to Aspect: Original not work?

johnrellis_0-1690916992625.png

Adobe appears to have recently removed the DNG Recover Edge plugin from its web site. But you can still access it via the Internet Archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230623070825/https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/canon-5d-mar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. It works I can now edit all my images. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey were you able to download the recover edge plugin via this link above?For some reason its not working for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in and instructions are both still available from the link provided above. However, the download process is not particularly fast. The initial download is an HTML page link that you need to double click. This is a 'Wayback Machine' link that starts the actual download.

Yes, I just checked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I just verified that the link above:

https://web.archive.org/web/20230623070825/https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/canon-5d-mar...

still works. Though like most things at the Internet Archive, it's very slow. When you click the link, do you see this page:

johnrellis_0-1692288611905.png

What happens when you click the Get File button and then wait for a couple minutes?  Does the download in your browser start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with some accidentally cropped photos and downloaded the plug-in as instructed here, but I get an error message when I try to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the instructions on tbelow linked Apple Help document. If the highlighted suggestion doesn't work, then use the method described in the note below highlighted text.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh40616/mac#:~:text=Control%2Dclick%20the%20app%20ico...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use the Recover Edges plugin on images cropped in camera as squares. When I run the plugin on DNG files from a Canon 5D Mark III, I get an error message that it could not apply Recover Edges to the photo. When I tried downloading a new copy of the plugin from the link supplied in the archive, the zip file failed to unpack with a Windows 10 error saying the file is invalid.

If I open the raw file in the Canon Digital Photo Professional software I can recover all the sensor info, but I have to save it out as a TIF or JPG.

If I'm supposed to be able to recover edges in Lightroom Classic v13 without the plugin, how do I do so? There is no difference in the crop tool between As Shot and Original. Both display only squares.

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. I successfully used this plugin in 2016 to recover all the sensor data from the same camera. But it is no longer working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able download the plugin, extract it, and recompress it, and then verify it works on Windows 11. Try downloading this copy:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/x96v99pn1aqz6o0caziel/DNGRecoverEdges.lrplugin.2023.10.31.zip?rlkey=9...

It runs (slowly), but I don't have a photo with edges needing recovery to verify it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works! Thank you for share that dropbox link 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dude, thank you, your link was a lifesaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines