• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download free preset into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Lightroom Classic user and I am trying to download a free preset from Adobe but it insists on opening the Lightroom app rather than my version of Classic. Can I change which version it is trying to install the preset into?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

As @Rob_Cullen has indicated the preset is intended and therefore only accessible in apps within the Lightroom cloud ecosystem. For example, when saved, it will appear in the Presets 'Yours' listing of Lightroom Desktop and mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, etc. However, since you don't appear to have access to Lightroom Desktop, then it's a case of finding someone who has and is chartible enough to share it with you. Hopefully, you'll find it atatched to this post.

Note that all files

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually downloaded it yet?  Is it in a ZIP file? Where have you stored the download?

To add a Develop Preset in Lightroom-Classic:

1) Start Lightroom-Classic

2) Select an image and edit in the Develop module.

3) Click the [+] on the header of the Preset panel.

4) Search in the Explorer window that opens and choose the Preset to install.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob,

These are presets on the Adobe site. There is a button to 'Get Preset' which launches Lightrom CC, not Lightroom Classic which I use. There is no ability to download it directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the link to the page where you're trying to download the preset from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking this site link I think it is aimed directly at Lightroom-mobile users (not Lr-Classic).

If you accept that Lightroom-web opens (in the Broswer interface- not Lr on your computer!), then you will see photos from the link that are DNG files. These DNG files contain edits that can be used to 'Create' the Presets from those edits. I tried one download and cpuld not find it anywhere.

Looking at the presets in the link I am not sure it is worth the hassle! Edit how you like then save your edits as Presets.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob - I'm sure you are right about whether it's worth the hassle - no such thing as a free lunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Rob_Cullen has indicated the preset is intended and therefore only accessible in apps within the Lightroom cloud ecosystem. For example, when saved, it will appear in the Presets 'Yours' listing of Lightroom Desktop and mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, etc. However, since you don't appear to have access to Lightroom Desktop, then it's a case of finding someone who has and is chartible enough to share it with you. Hopefully, you'll find it atatched to this post.

Note that all files uploaded to the forum are scanned for viruses. Therefore, if you can see it below, it has been declared free of viruses by the forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian - I can see the Classy Deep Blue preset.

I do have access to Lightroom Desktop but for a host of reasons I have everything in Lightroom Classic only. As I said in my previous reply to Rob - no such thing as a free lunch! but I just wanted to have a look at it given it was touted by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jimot1951 Good to know that you can access the preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines