• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DSLR is not detected by Import

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a brand new macbook pro... went and shot my first photography job since buying it. I went to import photos... and it simply will not detect my camera when plugged in and turned on  I have no idea what to do. I never once had a problem on my old macbook pro 😞 and now I am getting behind on work. camera is 1dx markii

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not... i have never owned a sd card reader but i just bought one after reading your reply. Usually works fine plugging into camera.. first time i plugged it in it asked if i wanted to approve the new camera and i said yes. Then nothing else ever happened .. so i think the chord works i just don't understand whats going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really want to do this by using an external SD card reader. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to narrow it down: Open the Image Capture app that comes with every Mac, and see if the camera shows up there. If the camera is listed in Image Capture, then the connection from camera to Mac is OK, and you next troubleshoot Lightroom Classic.

If the camera is not listed in Image Capture, then you have to troubleshoot the connection to the Mac before you can suspect Lightroom Classic.

Also, look in the camera menus and its manual to determine what USB mode the camera is in. When directly connecting a camera to the computer with a USB cable, the camera may have more than one USB mode (for example, PTP or Mass Storage), the exact names can differ depending on the camera.) The point is, some cameras only show up on the computer if its USB connection setting is set a certain way. See if the manual recommends a way to set USB connection when connecting to a computer, then set the camera that way. If it doesn’t work, try setting the option the other way.

If the Mac can see it but Lightroom Classic can’t, you may have to find out if Lightroom Classic has been granted permission in macOS to have access to external volumes, or just turn on Full Disk Access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines