• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate files on desktop when syncing with LR mobile

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lr mobile and shoot on my phone a lot - I had all those images syncing with a Lr catalog on my desktop.

I just made a new Lightroom catalog dedicated to my mobile photos.  The Lr Mobile photos are already on my desktop hard drive, so I Imported them to this new catalog.  Problem is, when I sync this new catalog Lr is now reSyncing (Re Importing?) all the photos from the adobe cloud, which is creating a duplicate for every image (Adding a "-2" to every file).

How do I properly move my sync'd mobile images to different Lr Catalogs?  &  How do I instruct lightroom that those images (Of the same file name) are already there? (something similar to don't import suspected duplicates on import?)

Any info would be a great help, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Hi thomasn,

With every new catalog Lightroom mobile will need to remove the sync data from the cloud and re-sync the new images to the new catalog. If you shoot from your phone and then sync the images to the existing catalog or new catalog, it will re-sync the images again to the catalog.

Lightroom mobile resync all the images again to update the changes you made on the images using Lightroom mobile.

Common questions about Lightroom for mobile and Lightroom for Apple TV

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thomasn,

With every new catalog Lightroom mobile will need to remove the sync data from the cloud and re-sync the new images to the new catalog. If you shoot from your phone and then sync the images to the existing catalog or new catalog, it will re-sync the images again to the catalog.

Lightroom mobile resync all the images again to update the changes you made on the images using Lightroom mobile.

Common questions about Lightroom for mobile and Lightroom for Apple TV

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to the suggested Adobe support page.  It says nothing about how to "remove the sync data from the cloud and re-sync the new images to the new catalog."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the answer. I seem to have all kinds of duplicates all of a sudden and in my catalog, i have a line called Synced Duplicates. What is that? Should I delete them?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with double files. I started to delete them not knowing why they showed up... now I wonder if I deleted the wrong version and will loose all of them after i turn off syncing. I guess I will have to restore from a back up. This is not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... exactly what file is safe to delete? When it duplicates two files one of the images show a page curl. Is this the one to delete or the one without?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  What's the best way to clean up this mess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had this idsue on a mac cleaned it up. Switched to windows and now i have sync adding doubles of almost every photo.  So my catalog is a mess again.  Sync said it still had 144,000 photos to sync ehen i shut it off. Because it took my catalog from 90,000ish to over 130,000 photos.  So this is an issue thats been going on forever and they blame us the user.  I followed step by step from a so called certified lightroom expert on Kelby one and i still have a mess to clean up

Joe Cosentino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines