• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate photos in Lightroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of syncing my Classic Lightroom with CC (which is a nightmare in the first place) and somehow Lightroom Classic has made a duplicate of all my photos in Classic. Why is that? How do I get rid of them before it takes twice as much time to sync?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to give more information. Lightroom Classic does not creates duplicates, so this must be user error somehow. Describe your workflow step by step.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you could tell me what sort of user error would duplicate all my photos, because I dont remember doing anything that would do that. Does Lightroom have a command to duplicate all photos? I've never run across that one. Or tell me how to get rid of them all without going through every photo and deleting the dupes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I did was start the sync with Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does 'start the sync with Lightroom CC' mean exactly? What did you do?

Lightroom does not have a command to duplicate photos, but I can think of several ways a user can cause it. The first way is to import images again, the second way is to sync another catalog that contains the same images that were synced before. The third way is to import images into Lightroom CC (either the desktop or a mobile version) and then import the same images in Lightroom Classic. Maybe there are more ways I didn't think of right now.

You said that syncing is a 'nightmare in the first place'. What made it such a nightmare?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started the sync by clicking the command in the upper left of the screen near my name.

It stalled because I didn't have enough storage. I bought more storage and restarted the sync. At that point perhaps I changed what I was syncing.

Probably that's what cause the problem. So now how do I get rid of the dupes in Classic? In the library, there is a line for "synced duplicates". Could I select that then delete all?

Then delete all in CC and restart the sync from Classic?

Also, is there a comprehensive tutorial that covers syncing Classic with CC?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should be even easier. Removing an image from the 'All Synced Photographs' collection in Lightroom Classic should also remove it from the cloud. So if you remove all images from that 'synced duplicates' collection, they should automatically be removed from the cloud as well.

Here's a tutorial: How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines