• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Each Preset is displayed in individual groups instead of nested

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 1500 presets but after update to LRC v12 (Windows 11) all presets appear in individual groups instead of nested.

I deleted all the presets to identify the problem, imported them and they are still the same.

I deleted them again, and created new presets, even though I use the same group when I create them, LRC generates a new group with the same name. So in the presets panel they are shown in separate groups.

And this is the same for the Premium presets that are installed by default with LRC.

LRC presets problem.png

I spent all day looking for a solution and found nothing (by the way the solution editing the XMP file crs:Cluster="XX name" does not work in this case).

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Start by resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

I think it's unlikely that all of a sudden all your presets have been changed somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach here the .xmp files for the presets User 1 and User 2 in the "Christian" groups. I can see if there's anything unusual in their contents and whether the problem occurs when I import them into my LR.

Also, is the setting Preferences > Presets > Store Presets With This Catalog checked or unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

Thank you for your support. Please find attached the  XMP files.

The option "Store Presets With This Catalog" is unchecked.

By the way, today I tried Camera Raw in Adobe Photoshop (to see if the same problem happened, but no), all the LrC presets are organized perfectly by groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

I think it's unlikely that all of a sudden all your presets have been changed somehow.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The grouping looks fine in the XMP to me also, so this is probably the best approach. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed that resetting preferences is a good next step.

Also, have you been changing the language that LR runs in, e.g. from English to Danish?  There is another bug where LR gets confused about the special group name "User Presets" when LR is run in another language -- it's possible that there is a more general bug you're tripping over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved

You are right Johan, the XMP files of the presets never changed, only the way they were displayed and grouped in the Presets Panel.

I tried the solution of resetting from the LrC menu: Edit>Preferences> Presets Tab: Resetting all.
And then restart LrC

It didn't work, not even changing the language.

So I had no choice but to do what I call a "Hard Reset" (This is at your own risk and if you are going to do this be sure to make a backup of all your data before😞

Manually search all the folders related to LrC, for example:
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
 C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom
C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\GPU
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\Settings\Premium
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\Settings\Classic

I deleted everything related to LrC and its preferences, on the Drive C: but, to be sure that no settings or preferences were left on the system, I started the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe), using the menu Edit>Search and using the word Lightroom, I deleted everything related to LrC.

After doing this, I restarted the computer, reinstalled Adobe Lightroom Classic v12 from scratch and it worked! .... all the presets appeared organized by groups the right way.

Captura de pantalla 2023-01-15 232217.jpg

Maybe just deleting the files from Drive C: would have been enough, but I didn't want to take any chance!

I think the root of the problem might have been some corrupted LrC preferences file after the update.

Thank you all for your help and support!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved finally.  

For future reference, in case this happens again to someone else, had you previously switched LR to a language other than English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I had. To test if that was the error, I tried in Spanish and Italian and didn´t work.

To clarify and help other users, the order of the steps I followed, in summary, were:

1-Uninstall and reinstall LrC- (Didn't work)
2- Uninstall all Presets and reinstall (backup previously) -In this step I also created new presets and groups to check if the presets were nested in groups / Additionally I tried editing some XMP files of the presets adding the syntax crs:Cluster="XX name" as mentioned in some forums- (Didn't work)
3-Resetting the preferences from the LrC menu: Edit>Preferences> Presets Tab: Resetting all available options / Also changing the language from Edit>Preferences> General Tab: Languaje- (Didn't work)

After all these failed attempts I uninstalled LrC again and:
4-Find and delete from Drive C: all the folders and files linked to LrC (as I described in the previous post), in this step I also used the Windows Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) to search and delete strings related to Lightroom, with the purpose that no preferences or settings were left in the system (I emphasize that using Regedit.exe represents a risk for non advanced users) after this, I restarted the computer, installed Adobe Lightroom Classic v12 and all the Presets were displayed organized (it worked)

Hopefully these procedures can be useful to other people who may have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines