• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit in Photoshop Elements Opens in Preview, Not in Elements

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom Classic 12.3 and Photoshop Elements 2023. MacBook Air with Apple M2 chip. OS Ventura 13.3.1(a). When I select a photo to edit in Elements it opens in Preview not in Photoshop Elements. I have used the uninstallers to uninstall both apps. Then installed Photoshop Elements first, then Lightroom Classis as recommended. Still opens in Preview.

I'm not sure when this bug first occurred. I think it might have been when I upgraded from my 2015 MacBook Pro to the MacBook Air with the Apple M2 chip.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @MaxwellTSmart. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'll help you figure this out.

On Mac OS, Photoshop Lightroom checks for the com.adobe.Photoshop.plist or com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist files in the user's preferences folder.

Try this:

• Close Lightroom & Photoshop Elements.
  • Hold down the Option key in the Finder when using the Go menu > Library > Preferences > Elements folder here.
  • Drag the com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist file in the Trash.
  • Restart Photoshop Elements.
  • Restart Lightroom.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried deleting the com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist file. Emptied trash. Restarted computer. Still getting Preview. Have done another delete of the apps and reinstalled. Elements first. Still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried as suggested multiple times.  Next, I used AppCleaner to uninstall to eliminate all everything related to Elements 2023 and Lightroom Classic. Then ran the uninstallers to see if there were any residual that AppCleaner missed. Installed Elements first and opened it. Then installed Lightroom Classic.

Added Photoshop Elements Editor as the Additional External Editor and then selected that as the editor to use. 

Still opens Edit In Photoshop Elements in Preview.

Any ideas, please!

Thanks,

Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines