Editing in Photoshop Changing File Name

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (2018)

Big Sur: 11.5.2

Adobe Photoshop 2021

I'm shooting thousands of product photos tethering in Lightroom and spitting out CR2 files. I assign my product file names, select all my photos to "Edit in Photoshop", record and run a script in Photoshop to batch save as PSD in the same folder with the same file name. Add the PSD files to a collection, clip, correct, rinse and repeat for a year and a half. Magic.

However, yesterday I updated to the latest version of Lightroom Classic, I had no choice but to. I also lost Photoshop 2020 and have to use 2021 now. Since then every time I edit an image directly from Lightroom into Photoshop it's adding "-1" to the end of my filename. This filename is used in a script that runs in Akeneo to associate them with products, so I need to the be exactly the same. The next time I edit the same photo it tacks on "-2" and "-3" the next time and so on. I've been working away at this project for a year and a half and right as soon as I update there's a hiccup. I'm currently at 8,733 product photos and there's more to come, I can't be manually changing all my files to remove the "-#".

Someone? Anyone? Setting that has changed? Please?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed it. All my preferences were gone from 2020 when it jumped to 2021. The Edit External file name template needed to just be "Filename". Frustrating as I couldn't even get a chance to swap my preferences over and 2020 is gone. I guess I should have changed over sooner so that's on me.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.32.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines