Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing in Photoshop from Lightroom, file not found

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest LightroomClassic and Photoshop versions

Whenever I go from Lightroom to Photoshop, finish my edits, save, and then go back to Lightroom, the file keeps getting the file not found error.

I am able to locate it back when I search for it, but this is a bit annoying for every single time.

The file that it is trying to find is in the same folder as well, Lightroom is just not able to "locate" it for some reason.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eguanaable0D4C_0-1679256054207.png

this is literally in the same folder still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that this is caused by your drive named A.

The drive letters A and B were in the old days of computing reserved for floppy disk drives, and when an internal drive became possible, it was named C, which is now the system drive by default.

Even today, A and B are not commonly used as drive letters, and I have seen in other posts that Lightroom doesn't like these drive letters. (can't remember the details)

Try changing the drive letter to something else, preferably towards the end of the alphabet, which will prevent other problems (drive letters changing when you connect an external disk or a thumb drive).

Lightroom will now report the images on the A drive as missing, and you will have to reconnect them. See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/ 

To change the drive letter, click Manage in the File Explorer toolbar.

Choose Disk management on the left, then right click the A drive and choose Change drive letter and paths.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the one who actually named the A when I was setting up my NVMEs, because my C drive is only for my OS and the downloads of some programs. Everything else lives on my A drive.

Im a bit wary to change the name of the drive as I have other things being routed to that drive and worried it would mess it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic does not support the use of reserved drive letters A & B. 

There is an ancient feature request for this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-allow-use-of-drive-letters-a-and-b/idi-p/12... 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines