Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Photo In Two Collections

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am preparing photos for Adobe Stock guidelines, my first upload. I have these photos in a separate collection. If I edit these photos will the changes apply to the same photos existing in other collections?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, collections are just different 'places' that the same photo shows up. So when you edit that photo, the new edits are seen in all the collections it belongs to - as well as, when it is viewed in the context of its folder on disk.

Unless: you make separate virtual copies of this photo, These virtual copies are independently editable, independently keywordable etc, and can be independently added or not added to Collections. When you go to view that folder on disk (inside LrC) all of these virtual copies will show: they all refer to (share the use of) an imported file which lives in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines