• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email from Lightroom 11.1 validating, but not working (again)

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to email photos directly from Lightroom, without luck. Have tried with two different email accounts, one gmail and one thru Zoho.  Lightroom validates both accounts properly, but nothing happens when sending the email - no error messages, no progress bar for the export, no email sent, nada.

The gmail account is set up with two step verification and a Lightroom app-specific password.

This has worked (sporadically) in the past.

BTW, when I first open the Lightroom email dialog box, it always shows "microsoft outlook" in the from box, even though I don't have a microsoft outlook account set up in Lightroom. I use Postbox as my email client. When I go into the lightroom email account manager, the only accounts that show are the gmail and Zoho accounts and as I indicated above,  both show as "green", validated.

I have searched thru the forum for this issue and have seen plenty about email not working in Lightroom due to accounts not validating, but didn't see anything like this, wher they are validated but not functioning.

Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on fixing this!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

yup, you are correct about that. Right-Click now seems to work for me. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Since when have you been seeing this issue? Please ensure that your computer has a working Internet connection. Which network are you using, is it a home/office network? Have you tried disabling the anti-virus program to check if that helps? Where are the Photos stored? 

Please take a look at the following link and see if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/prepare-send-or-post-photos.html#email_photos_from_li...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Can't recall exactly when the email function worked properly, but certainly within the past 3 months or so, but I would add that the feature has always been problematic, working sometimes and other times not. I have tried exiting/restarting Lightroom, with no change.

Internet connection is fine and functional, in fact emails from other sources have been coming in as I was/am working with Lightroom. I am on verizon home network, what they call the "gigabit" connection, all functioning fine. Antivirus software is disabled.

Photos are stored on multiple devices, both internal hard drive and external. I have tried emailing photos through Lightroom from each of these locations with no change.

Yes, I had found and reviewed the info in the link you provided, with no change.

I have also noticed that when I click on the "address" box in the Lightroom email screen, I get the list of email addresses previously saved in the Lightroom address book, but the addresses are not selectable, or I should say mostly not selectable (sometimes the check boxes are there and functional, but mostly not, and when there and selected, still no email gets sent). I can type the address in the "to" box, but again, no email gets sent.

Let me know if I can tell you anything else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of LrC are you using?

"BTW, when I first open the Lightroom email dialog box, it always shows "microsoft outlook" in the from box, even though I don't have a microsoft outlook account set up in Lightroom. I use Postbox as my email client. When I go into the lightroom email account manager, the only accounts that show are the gmail and Zoho accounts and as I indicated above,  both show as "green", validated."

If you are seeing "microsoft outlook" in the email pop-up but not in the "email manager" then you may need to delete your preferences. I'd wait to see what others say before that drastic step.

When you normally create an email from a web page, does it open  Postbox or do you see/get a error on Microsoft Outlook? This could indicate an issue with your default email app in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using most recent LRC 11.1 as updated/maintained by Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.

Emails open in Postbox, as it is set as my default email client. I do also have Outlook and tried changing the default to Outlook and restarting Lightroom, with no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something I found when further messing with this, and that seems to work - When I use the "Export > Lightroom Preset/for email" menu choice, the email works/goes. However, when using the "File > email photo" menu, or right clicking on the desired photo in the film strip and selecting "email photo", it does not work.

Not sure why this would be, but hopefully this will help anyone else experiencing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is not working either. It always used to and I am not sure when it quit. Lightroom prepares the email, tries to send it and fails. No explanation given. Email is working fine, This is a new problem for me, I have used this feature on several occasions previously, but no more.It doesn't matter which way I try to send it either by right clicking and using that method or by clicking email under the file tab. It is so inconvenient to to export it to the desktop and then send it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the  "File>Export" menu choice from the main menu?

Screenshot 2022-02-04 084401.png

That will bring up the Export one file screen, where if you select "email" up top, you should get the Lightroom email dialog box, from which you can export directly to your email client without having to first export a file to your desktop.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 084048.png

If that works, you can define your own "user preset" with whatever export file settings you like and use that preset to email photos going forward.

This is what worked for me. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for several years where Right-Click Email will quit working.  I discovered that if you use the Export For Email once than it will kickstart the Right-Click Email to work again.  This happens to me every once in awhile.  I have reported and bugged this several years ago.  You would think that Adobe could solve the issue beings one method works and will kickstart the other method. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, you are correct about that. Right-Click now seems to work for me. Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DWEITZMAN 

Mine quits every once in awhile and I have to use the Export to kickstart it again but than it works correctly for awhile.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me either. Lightroom prepares the email. Starts to send, then quits and pops up a message “Failed to send”. So frustrating! Doesn’t seem to matter what method I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue on my pc. Did you ever find a solution or did you just have to wait it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just waited it out for quite some time. Then one day I tried again and it worked. Sorry no workable solution, except check very carefully and make sure everything you have entered is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what! It's not working again.. Nothing is changed in the settings. Let's hope this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue and it's driving me nuts .

can't seem to communicate with " support" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issueScreenshot 2023-05-02 at 2.01.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-02 at 2.02.26 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-02 at 2.03.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that it fails because it won't validate any of my emails. It does not matter what settings or email I enter, it never validates it. I am working on mac max, everything is updated and it just does not work. Adobe, for the money you get paid for your product- you should have fixed this by now. Obviously, many people struggle with the same issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running LR 11.5 and it will not valadate my gmail account. I give it the right email address and the password for my email and it does not validate.  HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following solutions, in order. After performing each solution, relaunch Lightroom to check if the issue is resolved.

Solution 1: Turn on two-step verification and generate an app-specific password
Turn on two-step verification for Google sign-in. See the Google help document Turn on 2-step verification for more details.
Generate an app-specific password for Lightroom. See the Google help document Sign in using App Passwords for more details.
In Lightroom, enter the app-specific password you generated and try to validate your Gmail account.
Additional information

To understand why this error occurred, see the Google help document "Password incorrect" error.

Solution 2: Adjust your Gmail account's security settings
Google security message
Turn on two-step verification for Google sign-in. See the Google help document Turn on 2-step verification for more details.
Generate an app-specific password for secure login and then validate your Gmail account in the Lightroom app.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines