Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicking in Keyword field after importing gives weird behavior

Participant ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to reproduce problem:

1. Open Lightroom Classic 12.4 and import files from camera card.

2. Select one or more of the imported files and click in Keyword window to begin adding keywords.

3. After the first letter is typed, you will find yourself no longer in the Keyword window and the single letter you typed will have been entered into the Keyword list.

4. If the second letter you try to type is a keyboard shortcut, that shortcut will run.

5. If you re-enter the Keyword window a second time, it behaves normally.

LrC 12.4, Mac OS 12.6.8

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the LrC preference file is good place to start when odd behaviour such as you're experiencing is encountered. You should follow the procedure described in Method 1 of below linked Adobe Help document.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Lightroom Classic 12.5 on Big Sur (11.7.9) and I am having exactly the same problem as the original poster describes on my iMac and MBP. This issue started about a month ago. Also, after the inital loss of the cursor, I have a light vertical line ( | ) appearing in the text box. Everything works normally after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue on Apple Monterey so it is probably and issue on Big Sur too.  It works correctly on Ventura.  As Adobe will probably be releasing Lightroom Classic 14 soon so Big Sur will no longer be supported.  This ONLY happens the FIRST time after you open LrC so the workaround is to type a single letter, reselect the field and finish typing.  Then it will work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Bob. This was driving me crazy and I have just spent over an hour wasting time with an Adobe virtual assistant, aso a so called agent without success! Thanks again, Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I position my cursor in the Metadata box for Keywords, and start to type "film" - when I type the letter "f" my screen suddenly changes to what I believe may be Adobe's "Lights Out" Screen Mode. Looking at a list of Keyboard shortcuts, the letter "f" is supposed to "Cycle Screen Mode"

The letter "f" does get entered in the Keyword box, but the text box is no longer active until I reposition the cursor back in the Keyword box.

This happens sometimes, but not always, so I am unable to reliably reproduce it.

Has anybody else seen this?

Lightroom Classic 12.5, MacOS v.11.7.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me to since a few months with LR classic 12.5 but, surprisingly, it disappeared when I installed a minor update for MacOS Monterey (12.7). 
It was really a nasty bug since I had to keep in mind to stop typing , for a few seconds,  the second character of the string. 
Best regards from France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here. I was typing and my second and third letters were 'b', which added the photo to quick collection and then removed it. I now also have a vertical black line in any metadata field I activate. It's not a character, but some other graphic anomaly. I've seen this behavior in 12.4 w/MacOS 11.7.9 and now in 12.5 w/MacOS 11.7.10. The black line went away briefly after the 12.5 upgrade, but recurred after the typing mentioned above. Very annoying.Screen Shot 2023-10-01 at 10.30.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy22476221ry69 , I see this on my iMac also. Very annoying.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; (also Laptop Win 11, ver 23H2, LrC 14.0.1, ; ) Camera Oly OM-D E-M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gibt man nach dem ersten Start von LRC im Feld 'Bildunterschrift' einen Buchstaben ein wird die Eingabe gestoppt - zur weiteren Eingabe muss ich neu in das Feld einsteigen. Beim weiteren Benutzen des Programms tritt der Fehlern dann nicht mehr auf!

LR Classic Version 13.1. aktuell

Mac OS 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a number of reports about this with Mac OS 11 and 12, but none with Mac OS 13 or 14. So I recommend updating to Mac OS 14 (or 13) if your hardware allows it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really wish Adobe would fix this. It's their bug, it doesn't happen in any other apps, and it never used to happen in LRC - it was introduced about a year ago, and has been driving me mad ever since, because I always forget about it and end up with a single character tag and then a bunch of random stuff happening because the remaining letters were interpreted as hotkeys. I can't upgrade my iMac past Monterey. Every time a new LRC comes out I'm hoping they fix it, but they never do. PLEASE FIX IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2024 Aug 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ben232323 

As the thread states, this only happens on MacOS versions PREVIOUS to Ventura.  Adobe will probably be dropping support for LrC for any OSs prior to Ventura in a couple months if history is any indicator so this will never be fixed for Monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines