• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export performance new GPU gear research

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work as a Sports photographer and have to export 10.000 plus images every weekend. When I exporting in the new Lightroom I see it's using only the Ram memory of my GPU (fully using) and it's ok but if I want to speed up my workflow what should I look for in a new GPU?

1 - RTX 3070 TI with 8GB and Faster Clocks?

2 - RTX 3060 with 12GB More memory? (12gb)

I have a ryzen 5900x and a RTX 2060 with 6Gb only...

As I see Lightroom is only using the ram memory i think the cheaper RTX 3060 would be a better choice for speed up my export time?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html

In that link, look at "How do I determine if Lightroom Classic is accessing the graphics card"

Note the box "Use GPU for Export"

GoldingD_0-1660948804188.png

Sounds like that box is not checked. (not sure if unchecked is default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not even related to what I asked for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You clearly stated

"As I see Lightroom is only using the ram memory i think the cheaper RTX 3060 would be a better choice for speed up my export time?"

So why is LrC not using the VRAM in export? How is not checking preferences not related? Did you look at that preference setting?

A RTX 2060 with 6Gb is more than enough. The 6Gb of VRAM is not the issue, LrC should take advantage with as little as 2Gb (but not less than that). But if you want a new GPU, start with the maximum VRAM over other considerations, If replacing, I would not go with less than 8Gb. And keep other Develop module process in mind, not just export. (not to mention PS GPU usage if you use PS)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But if you want a new GPU, start with the maximum VRAM over other considerations, If replacing, I would not go with less than 8Gb. And keep other Develop module process in mind, not just export. (not to mention PS GPU usage if you use PS)"... This is what I asked for > if I want to speed even more my workflow if i buy a RTX 3060 with 12gb VRam or a RTX 3070 TI with better clock speed...

I meant only using GPU VRam and not GPU Full acceleration in first post. My system is working good but I aways make more money if i deliver my photos faster so that s why I m upgrading. I know how to setup Lightroom well thank you GPU is manually on for export and develop mode. I tough Vram wasnt suppose to be the number one bottleneck for the export now but I now i know for sure thannk you. 
I only need export speed as I only make a basic edit and export all synced. For edit my computer is more then enough already.

I have a bad english plus bad writing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with GoldingD, if you do not have that option checked the GPU will not be used in the export process.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking that option was the first thing i done when this option was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant only using GPU VRam and not GPU Full acceleration in first post.

Unless the preferences option for using that GPU is enabled, AND that extra option to use it for eports is enabled, then more VRAM will not matter one bit. LrC does not use any VRAM unless those options are on.

(DdeGannes, am I off on that statement?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL not everyone is very dumb. i know those things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using an RTX 1060 6GB card that a friend lent to me after he upgraded to an RTX 3070 6GB card (not at Ti). I had all the GPU options checked manually in Preferences.

I recently purchased my own RTX 3060 12GB card (ASUS Phoenix Geforce RTX 3060 12GB V2) and saw a noticeable improvement.

My friend also uses LrC and we compared his RTX 3070 to my RTX 3060 for Super Resolution. Surprisingly, we found his was fractionally slower, but not enough to be significant. There could be other factors at play in this simple test.

I did a test on my PC and exported 97 NEF files. It took 58 sec to complete the operation.

If you enable the 'Use GPU for Export' option using the Custom (manual) setting in Preferences and do a similar test with your RTX 2060 6GB card, which should give you some information to compare with.

The RTX 3060 seems to be very good value for cost vs performance. The performance benefit of the RTX 3070 Ti for use with LrC may be small and not worth the extra cost. For gamers, the RTX 3070 Ti might give a performance edge, but maybe not so much for LrC/Ps.

I'm very pleased with my RTX 3060 and when idling, its temperature stays at around 24C, whilst the RTX 1060 idled at around 48C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning,

I am facing the next issue - when I am opening 30 Mpix file in Photoshop > Camera Raw, my dedicated GPU memory is getting fully loaded, straight away, with only ONE SINGLE file!

I have just biulded brand new PC:

* Intel i7 13700KF

* Gigabyte Aorus Z690

* 32Gb DDR5 6000Mhz

* Samsung 980 Pro SSD

* Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti

- Windows 11 22H2 (all updates are installed)

- Photoshop 2023 (24.2.1)

- Camera Raw 15.2

- latest Nvidia Studio driver 531.41

My question is - what kind of graphic card do I need to process my single files from Canon EOS R (30 Mpix)? Is RTX 3060Ti 8Gb not enough for Adobe Photoshop?

I also tried to install older versions of Camera Raw (14.5, 13.1 and so), tried to instal Photoshop 2022, 2021, but nothing works - my dedicated GPU memory is getting fully loaded.

Furthermore, after couple of times using Camera Raw the window popping up "your GPU running out of memory", and all windows are getting crashed.

My previous old PC from 2017 (i7 7700K, 32Gb DDR4, AMD Firepro W7000) was working fine and smooth, no issues at all! I was hoping to get better performance with my new build, but have got only headache. Instead of processing my RAW files, I am struggling with PC third day in a row, and have no clue what do do...

What kind of graphic card do I need to smoothly run Camera Raw 15.2?

Thank you!Screenshot 2023-03-28 085520.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines