• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export settings keep changing

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest "upgrade" of Lightroom Classic all my settings in the export dialog are changed, and do not remain static. If I work on a TIFF file that was imported from Photomatix as I have in the past, all the settings in the export change, and I have to reset them. Also, they do not stay set, and I have to reset them for every export. How can I have my settings stay as I set them, and not be changed for every export?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem...frustrating, especially since I'm so used to my settings remaining static I might get 10-20 images done before I discover what's going on.  Arrrrrrrrg!  What's up with this...it's a bug for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export PRESETS you have defined will remain "static".

Are you using the Export Presets?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't quite get what you mean by "presets"...I use the export command (Ctrl-Shift-E...which I have programmed into a macro in my mouse) and the normal export panel comes up.  If I've already set the Export Location, File Naming and File settings (about all I need here) *historically* (and I've been using LR since it came out) they should remain consistent until I change them for another group of photos I'm saving.  But lately (maybe corresponding to the last update?) some, or ALL, of these settings will change...Export location, File naming *and* File settings.  This is flat weird and not anything I've told the program to do.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Export Presets'-  You can 'ADD' as many as you want to the User Preset list and select at any time in the future.

The Presets are also available from a Photo > Right-Click > Export > select Preset. 

ScreenShot158.jpgScreenShot189.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey that's great and I may use that facility in the future, but it doesn't give me a solution!  Did you read my last post carefully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did read your last post, but it does not change my opinion of Export Presets.

You can set the Export Location, File Naming and File settings, etc, all in a Preset- and they will NEVER change.

You can program your mouse to open the Export dialog then select a Preset, or even program it to [Right-Click] > [Export] and choose a Preset.

And once you have defined Presets for all your Export possibilities, you rarely have to edit panels in the large Export dialog again- Every setting is stored in the Presets. Give the Presets names that are very descriptive for the Export you are choosing. Update them if some setting needs to be changed!

eg. I have 'competition' Export presets that- Rename from a template, Resize as wanted, saves to specified  folder in file-type specified, (adds to catalog if wanted). They have not changed for several years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue.  After exporting to Photomatix, many of my settings in the Export dialog box get changed and it's a real pain to keep changing them back.

I read the post about creating presets to work around this new 'feature' and I may end up trying that.  But has anyone figured out how to fix this so the export settings don't get changed every time we export to Photomatix?

Lightroom Classic 10.0 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK Photomatix installs a Plugin that does not require you to define, or save (Add) , a preset in the Export dialog.

So, what do you see that gets changed?

Post some screen-clips.

See a video here-

https://www.hdrsoft.com/download/lrplugin.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The export setting simply remembers the last settings you used in export so if you exported to photomatix, it remembers those settings. The only solution to this is to use export presets which are simple and quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Since the latest "upgrade" of Lightroom Classic all my settings in the export dialog are changed, and do not remain static."

If you're talking about the LrC 10.0 Export module settings they are "sticky" on my Windows 10 system andd remain that way until I manually change them. I suggest resetting your LrC Preferences file as outlined at the below link.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the replies!

Wobert - I watched the video and it is a good explanation for the export to Photomatix process, but I didn't see anything to help with my situation.

I grabbed some screen shots for some additional information.

Here is my export screen before entering Photomatix:

garyh64150793_0-1605402621694.png

After processing images in Photomatix and when I try to export my next image, the export dialog is defaulted to Photomatix.  After I switch to Hard drive, this is what my export dialog looks like:

garyh64150793_1-1605403054081.png

This didn't happen until several months ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like you to-

1) select one photo and click on the Preset [Photomatix Pro]-

ScreenShot231.jpg

2) Click [Export] 

3) Edit & [Save] in Photomatix

4) Select another photo in LrC grid

5) Click on the [Photomatix Pro] Preset again.

Now has the Export screen of options changed?

And what do you mean by "Switch to Hard-drive"? 

Why and for what purpose are you changing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobert - I tried what you suggested above and there was no change in the Export screen settings.  It looks like the best solution for me is to start using the user Export presets.

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had occasion to update to Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 and I discovered this new feature, which is not very useful.  The way that I organize my photography is that each project, of which there are many, occupies a folder in Windows; each folder includes the RAW files, plus another subfolder, say "Keepers" for the exported JPEGs after processing.  At the beginning of a processing session, I set the destination for exporting as the "Keepers" subfolder and after that, for each processed image it's normally just an Export With Previous.  I don't need to define export presets as the next time I'm working it will be a new project, with its own folder and "Keepers" subfolder, and, I'd rarely return to the previous project.  And so it goes, or should.

Am I missing something here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know that you are missing anything! Your suggestion to use "Previous" works well for Exports as long as you want the same settings for the Export. The keyboard shortcut [Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E] is easy to use 😉 .

The Export setting you use remains as the 'Sticky' default until you change a setting, and in that case [Export as Previous] will use the updated settings that have become the 'new' default.

Creating Export Presets means you can quickly restore a defined Export dialog without having to re-enter the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines