• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting picture with Caption

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive started exporting picture with caption from lightroom cc, BUT... when i view my picture on cmy PC or anywhere else, the caption doesnt show. Could use some help here.Capture d’écran 2022-01-11 212111.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

"i use the photo viewer in windows"

I don't think the Windows Photos app displays captions.  Try this: In File Explorer, navigate to the exported photo, right-click it, and select Properties. In the Properties window, click Details:

johnrellis_0-1641968625572.png

The LR caption should appear in the Title field -- does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

In the Export window, make sure that Metadata > Include is set to All Metadata:

johnrellis_0-1641966343118.png

If that doesn't help, what specific application are you using to check for the presence of the caption in the metadata?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already check all metadata, but i didnt check the write keyword option.  So one the picture as been exported, i use the photo viewer in windows or the one on my phone. When I check for the description of the picture, all I see is the name files. There is no title or caption. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"i use the photo viewer in windows"

I don't think the Windows Photos app displays captions.  Try this: In File Explorer, navigate to the exported photo, right-click it, and select Properties. In the Properties window, click Details:

johnrellis_0-1641968625572.png

The LR caption should appear in the Title field -- does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does show in the properties, but let say I want to show picture to someone or do I slideshow, I want the title and/or caption to appear somewhere on the picture. So how do I proceed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check it out later today and comeback with some feedback. My only concern is, will it work outside lightroom when I want to view picture on my pc? I don't want to use lightroom for picture presentation. My picture are share by Microsft OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd

Thank You! Great descriptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't want to use lightroom for picture presentation. My picture are share by Microsft OneDrive."

You can display the caption using the Slideshow module and then use menu Slideshow> Export JPEG Slideshow. That will create a folder with the exported JPEG files, which can be uploaded to OneDrive. At the below link scroll down to 'Add text and metadata to slides.'

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/adding-overlays-slides.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll check that tonight. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines