• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video clip process freezes

Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having a problem with video exports from Lightroom. I import video clips, apply a preset, then export as H264, max quality. The last four or five videos in the export don't get done - the process just freezes before it's finished. So, I cancel the export, and try again to export the missing files, and it works, BUT when I exit LightRoom, this last batch of exported files actually disappear from my hard drive. Very strange!!

FYI, these are all short clips (no more than 15 seconds each), and all have identical processes glommed on - contrast, exposure, saturation. Just bringing some V-log clips closer to where they need to be.

My workaround (for now!) is to make copies of this last handful of files so they don't go poof when LightRoom is closed.

But what is happening? Anyone else seen this?

64 bit Windows 10, Adobe products all up-to-date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An example - exported 15 video files last night. The process froze overnight, with only 8 successful exports. No processes applied this time - just exporting the video clips to H264, max quality.

So I attempted to export the missing clips this morning, and they all 6 exported successfully. I copied them manually in the my file explorer, closed LightRoom, and three of the six brand new exports simply disappeared from the hard drive. No recycle bin - just gone. The copies remain, but the original exported files simply went away.

BTW, there are 116 gigs free on the hard drive.

vanishing 1.pngvanishing 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is still happening. Windows 10 64 bit is 100% up-to-date, my Nvidia drivers are 100% up-to-date, Lightroom Classic is up-to-date. But some point in the export, the process just stops, and I have to quit the process and export the remaining files one by one.

Actually, exporting one by one does work - but selecting multiple files and exporting is where the problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure you realize this but LrC was designed for Still Images and not really Videos.

I suggest you find, start using, a program that was specifically designed for working with Videos for your Video Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I do realize this. But there are functions that Lightroom does apply to video, and there are video file output options when exporting, so obviously, Lightroom has been constructed to support limited video processes. It's a very convenient way to apply apreliminary color grading process to a batch of video files, and it's worked consistently well for me until just a short time ago.

The initial color grading & file naming happens in Lightroom, then final grading & editing happens in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines