• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exports look different than edited version

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded as suggested, but now I'm haveing an issue.  I edited an entire session just the way I wanted, and exported the JPEG files to my external hard drive.  The problem - the exported files look VERY different from the way I edited them in Lightroom.  The exported files are very "cool" and muted compared to the warm vibrant files in Lightroom.  HELP! I have attached a phone photo of my cmputer screen, comparing my lightroom edit (left) to the exported file (right).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color mismatches are almost always due to monitor calibration problems. You need to calibrate your monitor. Also, you can try this to see if it helps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....but I had zero problems before the upgrade.  It's as if my Lightroom colors are very vibrant, now.  However, when it exports, the colors are changed.  Would that still be a monitor color issue?  When it was fine before?  I do thank you for your advice.  Definitely going to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitor calibration is the problem. Yes, exports can show different colors than inside Lightroom Classic. Yes, upgrades can sometimes cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much....  I just went to the link you suggested, and followed the procedure.  Hopefully this will fix my problem.  I'm wishing now I had never upgraded....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anything special I need to do now?  Do I need to re-export?  Re-edit? I need my exporte JPEGs to look the same as my edits in Lightroom.... Lol!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is color managed, and uses the monitor profile to displays correct colors.

The Photos app is not color managed, does not use the monitor profile, and will never display correct colors, so stop using it.

But if Lightroom colors are very vibrant all of a sudden, it's most likely caused by a defective monitor profile.

(it has nothing to do with the upgrade to Lightroom Classic 11)

Did you follow the procedure given at The Lightroom Queen website, and set the monitor profile to sRGB?

If your photos now look different, you have to re-edit them.

Instead of Photos, use Adobe Bridge, or a third party color managed image viewer, like FastStone.

You have to enable color management under Settings > CMS, and both boxes must be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all great information.....  I did what the Lightroom Queen suggested and set the monitor profile to sRGB. My edited photos still look the same in Lightroom, but I did re-edit a few. I noticed the difference first on my phone.  I emailed a few of the exported JPEG files from my external hard drive file to myself, and the edited photos look cool and pale on my phone, in comparison to them inside Lightroom.   I like the Lightroom ones, and those are the ones I want. I'm just worried that when my client receives their gallery, the JPEG files will look just like the ones I emailed myself, when that is NOT the product I meant to deliver.  I email pics to myself often, just to see them on a different device, and they ALWAYS look exactly like my Lightroom edits.  This just happened since I installed the upgrade. That's why I'm concerned.  This is a first.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure, did you set the monitor profile to sRGB with Lightroom running?

And if you did, did you restart it after changing the monitor profile?

Applications are served the monitor profile on launch, so a restart is required if running.

Like the rest of us, you have no control over how your images display on other peoples computers or other devices.

If they are on Windows, you can tell them to use color managed image viewers. No native Windows applications (Photos, Paint, Desktop, File Explorer) are color managed.

Mac is a different story, since all native Mac applications are color managed.

Android phones and tablets are not color managed, but iPhones are supposedly color managed.

This just happened since I installed the upgrade

Please clarify what upgrade you are talking about.

Is it to Lightroom Classic 11, or to Windows 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exited Lightroom before changing the monitor profile, and then restarted my computer.  I also updated to Windows 11, AND Lightroom Classic 11..... Maybe that was a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting with sRGB selected as the color space? Anything else can cause the exported photos to not match the colors in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure....  I just switched to the Creative Cloud Lightroom Classic.  I had a really old version, so I'm still trying to figure out everything.  Where would I check for that? I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it!  I am exporting in sRGB.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE:  My problem is SOLVED!!  Apparently, my laptop color profile was not compatible to the Windows 11 color pallette.  I had to uninstall Windows 11, and all went back to normal.....  Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines