Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External SSD

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC

I recently purchased an external SSD. I have all of my photos stored on a different external SSD that I use to edit in LRC CC. How do I copy all of the photos on the old SSD to the new SSD and retain all of the LRC keywords, edits, presets, etc.?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Part 2 — Updating Folder Location in this document: https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This article from The Lightroom Queen may help, particularly Option Two:

How do I move only my photos to another hard drive, leaving the catalog where it is?

Boiled down, the steps are:

1. Copy or move the photos to the external SSD. It is critical to preserve their existing folder hierarchy, so for example, if all photos are contained under the same single top level folder, copy that to the SSD.

2. In Lightroom Classic, reconnect the topmost folders by directing Lightroom Classic to the new location. Lightroom Classic should follow the folder hierarchy down from there and reconnect missing folders automatically.

The details of how to do that are in the linked article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines